Keyshot crashes when importing .wire-files from Autodesk Automotive, why?

Started by X-Change, May 26, 2012, 08:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Change

Hello,

I'm having problems with importing a .wire file into keyshot. My .wire-file was created in Autodesk Alias Automotive on
one of my schools computers and then transfered to my own PC.
The problems I'm having is that when I first tried to import the file(s) i get a error-messages saying something like: "file doesn't contain 3d geometry... you might need to export polygon data from your system" and a message that keyshot has stoped working and is going to shut down, so I click the "ok"-button and make a second attempt, but this time I don't get the error-message about missing 3d geometry. Instead keyshot begins loading the file and then crashes straight away (I get a new error-message saying that keyshots encountered some problems and going to shut down).

I have absolutly no clues what-so-ever what the problem might be!
I'm a real computer newbie so i find this situation very frustrating and would really appreciate some help and guidence. I've read that Alias has to be installed on the computer which keyshot is used on so I got a studentlicense for Alias. Deleted keyshot and re-installed it right away. But the problem remains!

Please somebody help me out here! I'm currently using the newest demo-version of Keyshot (3.1) and my computer's using Windows Vista as operating system. 

guest84672

We have release 3.2. Please try again and let us know whether you still have issues? You may want to completely uninstall KeyShot (program only) and then reinstall.