Fiat 500... Rebuild on

Started by tsunami, June 08, 2012, 03:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Here, after a long working, and following all suggestions about backplate, some new renders shots...
Regards

EGON

To me the cars don't blend into the background. Look pasted on.

tsunami

Quote from: EGON on June 08, 2012, 04:08:25 PM
To me the cars don't blend into the background. Look pasted on.
That's better Egon?..maybe before too much postwork..
still pasted on?
Regards

Speedster

The last image looks nice-  perhaps move the blue car over to the left a bit?  It does not read as a car, but more like a blue halo.  Or, for this image, just hide it?
Bill G

EGON

Looks better. Now get rid of the blue car. Tip. When I have a scene that's not blending. Convert to B&W. Will always look better. Then ask yourself why. Then try it again in color. Brite sunlight is tough.

CAClark

Part of the reason I think they guys are seeing a slight non blending issue is that the shadows under the car should be pretty much black, and the ground itself shouldn't be truly visible due to the darkness. At the moment it's very ambient under the cars.

I'd agree with egon about taking out the car that is almost totally obscured in the last render.

The alignments look good to me.

Cheers!

tsunami

Quote from: CAClark on June 09, 2012, 03:09:06 AM
Part of the reason I think they guys are seeing a slight non blending issue is that the shadows under the car should be pretty much black, and the ground itself shouldn't be truly visible due to the darkness. At the moment it's very ambient under the cars.

I'd agree with egon about taking out the car that is almost totally obscured in the last render.

The alignments look good to me.

Cheers!
Clark, it's hard to get real black shadows under the car, on keyshot..i tried many times..that's could be fine using postwork with ps, but i would get the goal only with keyshot environment light...so some tricks about it?
(well i think i will get off the blue car or i will move in a new position)
Regards

voxelman

It seems that the cars are lit with an overcast sky rather than the blue sky in the scene. I think I expect more glint and sharper and brighter reflections.

PhilippeV8

Look at the trailers in the background, and particuarly at their shadow, it's off to the left and well defined.  Use an environement that cast real shadow.  There's a topic which lists the environements you can use.  I'll try to find it.

PhilippeV8

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 10, 2012, 01:25:51 PM
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,2515.msg10364.html#msg10364

there you go ..
Thanks as always Philippe, i got a look at the thread, ...but i don't know how to get or where to buy those hdri..i have not same light environment on my collection...

PhilippeV8

I think HDRI Urban should be default .. you should have it, no ?

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 10, 2012, 11:52:45 PM
I think HDRI Urban should be default .. you should have it, no ?
Yes sure, i have that one "urban" on my keyshot environment default, but i meant california Desert hdri, (i read was with hypershot default, so i can't have them )..
regards

PhilippeV8

Ok, so use the urban HDRI.  Play with brightness & contrast to tune the shadows.

1 thing you can't do (yet) is rotate the environement around the other axis to match the suns inclination though.  I worked round this by editing out the sun in this HDRI and replace it with a pin in the HDRI editor.

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 11, 2012, 12:28:33 AM
Ok, so use the urban HDRI.  Play with brightness & contrast to tune the shadows.

1 thing you can't do (yet) is rotate the environement around the other axis to match the suns inclination though.  I worked round this by editing out the sun in this HDRI and replace it with a pin in the HDRI editor.
Philippe i'm using that urban environment, and u are right..shadows are much better, also if now i have some problems with paint metal flake result...on the render image :o ..but i will post asap.
(i tried also with an other cad model , maserati gt, but result is not that good as i thought)..
Regards