Main Menu

Snail

Started by Seghier, October 21, 2012, 03:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seghier

Hello , i make shell with rhino than convert it to base mesh with tsplines to export it to 3dsmax
and i create the base mesh of snail  with blender , i use mudbox to add details and painting; finally Keyshot for rendering and sketchbook

tsunami

Superb!!! the most beautifull render i saw here!!!!!!!

Seghier

Seghier

Screenshots : Rhino; blender; mudbox; 3dsmax

Seghier

update

TheCrazySwede

Great texturing! The specularity adds a lot of realism!

Seghier

Thanks TheCrazySwede  :)
i will modify the displacement texture of snail , and learn how animate it

Seghier

new model

PhilippeV8

This looks a lot better !

The "foot" of the snail looks much more real with that wider "skirt".
Suggestion from what I see comparing to real photos: tilt the house a bit forward .. the edge of the house can "bite" a bit into it's back.  This should "connect" them more together.
The glossy-slimy-wet look does seem real, but comparing to real photo's, it's mostly the underneath that has the slime .. no ?

Seghier

Hello Philippe and thank you for you nice reply :)
about the house and the back i see photos sometimes like what you say and in other photos no connection between them
and the wet i think it is real in rainy day but i will try to reduce glossiness

PhilippeV8

hmmz .. it probably depends on how the picture is taken, no ?  Use of flash and/or angle etc.
Either way, though I don't like the beast, the render is great already :)

Seghier

Many thanks Phillippe :)
yes the angle of camera make difference , the same shell with the same material have difference reflection in the last two images

Shooter

Hey Seghier,

here's two my own imgs, maybe it will help you to get better results  :)

All the best,
Voya

Seghier

Thank you Voya , very beautiful photos
i will use them in the nest snail :)

Shooter

Im truly glad you like them, its just too bad i didnt take more photos of that snail on the road surface..... if only he went other way i could get the other side of his shell but it is what it is :) Use them however you like !