Solidworks 2013

Started by 2TREE, November 12, 2012, 09:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2TREE

Can Keyshot 3.3.33 import Solidworks 2013 files?

I've recently updated from sw2012 and anything I've worked on since will not open - "XXX does not contain 3d geometry"

If not does anyone know when if there should be an update due to fix this?

guest84672

If you check the BETA importer in the advanced tab of the Import dialog, then you will be able to import SW 2013 files. We hope to have a more official support soon.

2TREE

Maybe a bit slower than normal, but it worked!

Thanks Thomas  8)

guest84672

It is slower because it tessellates the model on the fly, rather than reading the tessellated information that is stored in the file.

I'm glad that it worked, though.

keaneray

When will there be official support/plugin for SW2013? Running into a few difficulties opening SW2013 files.

keaneray

Any update on this. My company has only just bought Keyshot and after updating Solidworks to 2013 I'm having problems importing asm models. For example not all parts import in the model.

guest84672

Try the plugin. It works with SW 2013. You can import the models directly from SolidWorks into KeyShot.

keaneray

Hi Thomas,

This option does work for parts, but my larger .asm files (15mb) wont import into KS. KS loads up, imports, but there is just a blank screen with no assembly visible and the project tree is empty.

guest84672

15mb is not large. Can you send me the assembly so we can take a look? Please send to support@luxion.com. Confidentiality is guaranteed.

Thanks,
Thomas

keaneray

I have sent the asm and part files via a yousendit link, fao yourself.

Thanks for your help Thomas.

guest84672

Thanks  -we will take a look.

andrea.negri

Hi Thomas. I'm in trouble with Solidworks 2013 and Keyshot 3.
I've downloaded and installed the plug-in for SW13 from the Keyshot website, but Keyshot doesn't see or recognize the plug-in in the dedicated option panel, and i'm still not able to open my .asm and .prt files correctly.
Also checking the BETA importer in the advanced tab of the Import dialog, does not totally resolve the problem, because Keyshot reads wrong surfaces or forgets to import other surfaces.

keaneray

I'm having the same problem Andrea. Keyshot doesn't import all surfaces from SW13 even with the 'New Importer (Beta)' checked. Just have to wait for Keyshot 4 and hope they have fixed the plugin.

KeyShot

It will be updated for KeyShot 4, which will be released mid February.