Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard_Mike

Quote from: Barbarian on January 21, 2014, 11:08:40 AM
I dont quite understand. If you have such skill in modeling and rendering why not make something nice to look at

Maybe you are in the wrong forum/area? here's something nice to look at, 498,536,795 people couldn't be wrong right, right?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8

Well done and super tutorial.

Josh3D

Gorgeous, all of them, including the process you've so kindly shared. Thanks again Dominic.

DominicQwek

Skint, yeah I love Giger and Beksinski's work.

josh3d, Thank you!

Currently working on a piece with 50 million polygons  rendering at 4k res and finally feeling the limitations of my workstation. Hopefully I can get a xeon workstation sometime in the future. :/

thomasteger

Let us know if you need something rendered. We can always let rip on our 200 cores!

DominicQwek

I might just do that, Thomas. My .bip file is 2Gb now. It's a pain to work with and my frame rate is 0.9FPS. hahah

DriesV

Awesome stuff!

Btw, I have a small 24 core farm (soon 32), that I'm currently subjecting to all sorts of tests, including having remote access to the network queue manager.
Drop me a PM if you would like to try it out! :)

Dries

thomasteger

Don't forget to use performance mode, and also make the realtime window smaller.

DominicQwek

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 24, 2014, 05:54:52 AM
Don't forget to use performance mode, and also make the realtime window smaller.

Ya I'm doing that. It's just hard to pixel peep when the window is small. I had to rotate my monitor so that it's vertical in order to use the realtime window for a portrait piece. Fortunately, it didn't take too long to render!

DominicQwek

Hey all, Here's my Sculpt-Off entry. Sculpt-Off was hosted by Pixologic at 3d Printer World Expo. Contestants had 90 minutes do finish a bust and it would be printed the next day. I did not win that 3d Printer but it was one of the most challenging and fun experiences in my life. I decided to take my creation to Keyshot and do a final render.

thomasteger

Josh3D

Lovely indeed! Would love to have seen you guys in action and that one printed!

DominicQwek

Hey all, Here's my latest piece entitled Red. Some mild nudity but in art's namesake.

thomasteger

Skint

Nice!  I`m going to ask you to send me one of your models in STL format one day,  so I can print you one :)

evilmaul

nice image overall Dom! love lighting and composition.
The girl shoulders/arms though could use some more love, forms wise they lack of some anatomical structure.

M