Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Josh3D

as gnarly as this guy looks, there's a sort of compassionate look in his eyes, like he's missing someone.

DominicQwek

DominicQwek

An Imp. This time I tried adding some peach fuzz. More shots to come.

PhilippeV8

Question: what happens with all these images ?  Are these character designs for games / movie ?  Or are these just art images you make ?

TpwUK

Well you certainly don't want that nibbling on your ear! Excellent modelling Dominic, pluck a few of those hairs on its head, they just look a little too uniform, or change some to be either darker or lighter just to add randomness to them.

Martin

evilmaul

cool Dom, like the peach fuzz.
is this interactive render?
I found that somtimes very small one are hard to sample and they appear just like bright spots on the surface. I hope that when we will have curves, this problems that smaller polygons have , will go away.

Chad Holton

That's one ugly beast in a good way.  ;) Nicely done!

DominicQwek

More shots of him. With less pp in photoshop.

DominicQwek

Thanks all.

Phillipe- these are just personal art pieces.

TpwUK- you're right about that. I'll have to look out for that next time.

evilmaul- yeah, that's the problem you see here. Even when I have really high settings for his peach fuzz, it still does that bright dot look. The longer strands are usually fine. This is not interactive render. Anyway, I definitely learned more things regarding fibermesh and rendering them in Keyshot, thanks for your advice!

DriesV

Wow! Love the fleshiness.

Its right ear looks like a piece of bacon I ate yesterday... I will think twice before I buy another slab... :P

Dries

DominicQwek

Hi there. More creepy creatures for you guys.

jBogh

Man that neck!
So nasty!! Killer work Dominic keep it up man.
It would be interesting to see another "stage" of this creatures development.
He has a very Larval or caterpillar feel to him right now, so maybe it's worth exploring :)
Just a thought.
Keep rockin!

DominicQwek

Hey guys, decided to add the rest of my work for Creatures of Tera into this thread. Zbrush, Keyshot and Photoshop. I used the GoZ plugin for Coral Scarab, Equirex and Carnitaur. Thanks for looking.

DominicQwek

Maybe this is how the Xenomorph got to work. :)

First piece of 2014. Happy new year everyone!