Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numioh

Lovely works here man! Love your designs man!

DominicQwek

Thanks Numioh.

Here's my latest piece.

Category IV Kaiju, codenamed :Hachiwara. I grew up watching giant monsters terrorize cities. Needless to say, watching Pacific Rim was like being a kid all over again. As such, I was inspired to create a Kaiju of my own.

I've been using the Zbrush plugin and it just saves me the hassle of having to export and import OBJ's. I can't imagine not having it as a part of my workflow now!

TpwUK

Handsome looking beast, reminds me of myself with too little sleep!

Martin

Josh3D

What a BEAST! Love the glow coming from his innards.

evilmaul

nice beast Dom!
how many times did you go see Pac Rim? :)

jBogh

Nice Kaiju! Fits right into the film.
Lookin sick man!

DominicQwek

Thanks guys.

Marco, watched it 3 times. I think it's finally wearing off. :)

Josh, thanks dude. The glow was done using an emissive material. :)

Speedster

These textures are amazing!  Even though I'm a KS power user, I have no experience with figures, so here's my dumb question-  How do you and the other artists like evilmaul apply the materials, and in what format?  Are areas selectively mapped like I do in SolidWorks?  Is it just one huge dump, which I doubt?  KeyShot should do a webinar just on figures!
Bill G

guest84672

Awesome work - as always! Thanks for sharing.

As far as the texturing goes, it is all done in ZBrush. And the GoZ plugin brings it all over into KeyShot.

DominicQwek

A 4-eyed monkey alien?. Perhaps a pirate or a smuggler... or the crook you want to look for when smuggling contraband items across the Enrovian space border. Let's call him Gruek.

It's crazy how I didn't have to unwrap UVs or export maps from zbrush for this piece. All polypaint was transferred using the Keyshot GoZ plugin, body, eyes and hair. The rest is rendering different passes in Keyshot and comping in Photoshop.

KeyShot

Amazing. How many polygons in this model?

TpwUK

Nice skills - love the wispy hairs

Martin

DominicQwek

Just under 5 million polygons I think.

DominicQwek

Chad Holton