Main Menu

Prehistoric renders

Started by ministerart, February 26, 2013, 02:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ministerart

Just wanted to share some of my keyshot work.
All models sculpted in zbrush.

Hope you approve

www.peterminister.com

PhilippeV8

Naais  ;D

Only I find it VERY funy in that last render that the trees have been marked with paint and that you can see wood that has been cut clearly with a saw  ;D ;D

ministerart

These were very advanced and developed dinosaurs  :P

PhilippeV8

Haha .. yes, and it's a photo probably shot in your back-yard this morning, right ?  ;D

PhilippeV8

We should have a "KeyShot Goofs" section in the forum .. I'm sure some will render out stuff to fill that up on purpose  ;D

ministerart

PhilippeV8

So tell me .. how much do you spend on pet-food for these 2 per week ?  8)

ministerart

I live in England....so its lots of horse meat

Despot

Nice dinosaurs, I've seen them on ZBrush Central - I think your the guy who was pestering me to release my MatCaps, saying you would donate, but then didn't... if i remember rightly  ;)

It's ok though, I'm just pulling your leg, it's my dodgy North East sense of humour...

Cheers

J

ministerart

Cool...you released your mat caps?

Despot

br3ttman

Question for the KeyShot Community:

How would a user of ProE and SolidWorks create organic normal texture maps like for these dinosaurs?  For example, one of our clients has this Solidworks heart model from Zygote:http://www.3dscience.com/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/Solid_Models/solid-3d-heart-model.  I can see how to apply different materials to distinct surfaces, but how about creating a single texture map like you might in Maya or another program? 

ministerart

Hey Br3ttj...Im just a lonely zbrusher..I rarely venture out of my software so i have no answers im afraig

DriesV

Quote from: br3ttj on February 26, 2013, 11:39:03 AM
Question for the KeyShot Community:

How would a user of ProE and SolidWorks create organic normal texture maps like for these dinosaurs?  For example, one of our clients has this Solidworks heart model from Zygote:http://www.3dscience.com/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/Solid_Models/solid-3d-heart-model.  I can see how to apply different materials to distinct surfaces, but how about creating a single texture map like you might in Maya or another program?

NOT possible, as far as my CAD knowledge goes! :)
You'd need absolute control over UV mapping to be able to do that. That's just not going to happen with mechanical engineering CAD.

Dries

Speedster

Zygot models are awesome, and many of my medical clients use them.  Try multiple (very slight) surface offsets, with various transparent (like .png) textures applied to each layer individually.  I wish I could share some I've done, but I can't.  NDA's apply.
Bill G