Let's See Your Amazing Fractal Shots!

Started by Josh3D, March 14, 2013, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

Happy Pi day everyone! Henrik has created a fractal material type with various parameters you can adjust and customize to render. (Just a little look at some of the power under the KeyShot hood.) The .bip file download is available below. Grab it and let's see your fractal creations! Here is a quick screen grab of one worked up with a translucent material. More variation can be seen on the KeyShot blog.

Despot

Absolutely beautiful, it looks like a 4D Quaternion Julia Set fractal...

Truly can't wait to play with this tomorrow...

Cheers

J

Despot

I swear I hadn't read the blog... I'm a huge fan of Kai Kraus, used to build these using a plug-in he created called Frax4D

guest84672

biomechanic ... you are officially a NERD! And yes, it is a 4D Quaternion Julia Set fractal. KeyShot only visualizes 3 of the dimensions.

You can edit the fractal material to your liking, and then apply the material of your liking to it, once you got the fractal you like.

evilmaul

super cool! gotta play with that :)
well done Henrik!

Despot

;D Yeah, I'm king of the nerds, think Leonard from the Big Bang Theory...

Thomas, Is it possible to apply any material type once the fractal has been created ?

Cheers

J

feher

Thanks for this !
Here you go.
Happy Fractal day  ;D
Tim

DriesV

Polyamide fractal.

Dries

Speedster

Gads, Dries!  That last shot looks like a purge from one of my plastic injection molding machines, back when I was in the manufacturing business.  Thank God that's behind me now!  Sold it all 10 years ago and never looked back!  But man, I'll never forget the smell of a "nice hot purge"!
Bill G

DriesV

Bill, natural PA purges can have a useful second life as a lighting fixture. ;D

Dries

evilmaul

Josh3D

watching that to the sound of the new Atoms for Peace album is a trip.

Despot

Well - I cannot get it to work... ???

When I open fractal314.bip I just get a blank render window....

Pointers anyone please 

guest84672

guest84672