Radiator valve insert collection

Started by DriesV, April 16, 2013, 04:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Several radiator valve inserts in a dreamy & glowy composition. :)

Dries

DriesV

The bump map scale of the lying valves was off. Here's an updated shot. ;)

Dries

DriesV

Okay, I actually like this one better. ;D

Dries

Josh3D

I really want to like that green background, but I think I'm just missing the blue ;)

DriesV

Does this work better for you, Josh? ;)

Dries

Josh3D

ha! closer :) Those dark edges around the center one throw me off a bit. The yellow valve end and texture work are great though.

evilmaul

cool renders...although I agree with Josh about the dark edges...at glazing angles reflective materials should reflect more not less.
great brushed material study though

DriesV

Thanks for the feedback on those nasty edges on the center valve! ;)
The more I look at them, the more they drive me nuts too. Dunno... when I was working on the image in KeyShot they kind of looked OK, but with a color splash behind them in Photoshop they don't look so OK anymore. ::)

I'll try to get in the office early tomorrow and do a new rendering (with a rotated HDRI) and a clown pass to cut out and swap the center valve.

Thanks again.

Dries

DriesV

Here's a final updated version with adjusted lighting.

Dries

Josh3D

feher

Love seeing images evolve. The last image is the best. But, your background color is fighting for attention. I would desaturate it, alot. That will pull your valves to the front and we will better appreciate what you have done with them.
Just my two cents.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

DriesV

Love seeing critique evolve. ;D
Tim, you're right (again). The image does look more focussed now.

Dries

DriesV

I want to be on a roll with this one. :D

Here you have a download link for a zip archive containing A) a KeyShot package (with the scene used for the final rendering) + B) the PSD file with all post work included.

I hope to get some great feedback to get this image even further. ;)

Dries

feher

Sweet, I like this kind of stuff.
Will play over the weekend and post.
Thanks again.
Tim

Despot

Hey Dries

Thanks for the file, and nice renders these are too. I wanted to show you the brass/copper texture you like on a different model that's similar I suppose to what you work with, tried with your recent download but for some reason couldn't get the file settings to give me what I wanted, so anyway have a look at this and if you still want it, give me a shout...

Was gonna create a new thread or post this in one of my threads, but since it relates to what's in this thread already(I think) I thought I'd put it here.

If it's an issue let me know...

Regards

J