KeyShot Toon Challenge W.I.P.

Started by DriesV, July 01, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Quote from: Thomas Teger on July 15, 2013, 06:10:13 AM
We can render it for you once it is all set and done. Just let us know.

Wow. Good to know!

Yay! I just finished my last boobytrap. 8)
Now on to checking the final model and into KeyShot. :)

Dries

TpwUK

I hope you still have enough time to render the toon DriesV, have you worked out the length and frames yet ?

Martin

guest84672

Dries - we have 200+ cores here, hopefully even more by the end of the week. Ping both me and brandon@luxion.com directly when you are ready.

DriesV

Quote from: TpwUK on July 15, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
I hope you still have enough time to render the toon DriesV, have you worked out the length and frames yet ?

Martin

8 evenings + a weekend should be more than enough time to finish this. ;)
IF everything keeps running smoothly that is. (My CPU cooler died last week... I hope my new one will keep up. :-\)

I have a pretty good idea about what I'm going to do. I also made my model in such a way that I don't have to pick 'helper' pivot points for any of the rotation parts. This is a huge time saver in itself.

Anyway, I'm currently checking my assembly and hopefully I can prepare a KeyShot working bip tonight so I can start animating like hell tomorrow. ;D

Dries

Dries

Speedster

Well, being toon, each frame should render in mere seconds.  At least that's my experience- I did some large ones that rendered in about 2-3 seconds!
Bill G

DriesV

Testing the look of my scene a bit.

Hmm, I actually think 'rubberized' 'tarmac' will look very good. I don't know yet how that will impact render times though.

Dries

TpwUK

I tell you what DriesV, even if you don't win the challenge, you will certainly be able to add a new skill-set to your companies profile and to your own personal CV, this has been a pleasure to watch develop and I sincerely wish you the best of luck

Martin

guest84672

Re: render times. Render out a single frame and see how long it takes. Then multiply by number of frames. This should give you a good idea.

Josh3D

Man Dries, was on vacation and I come back to see this!! Love everything about it, especially the 'planetary gear planet'. Absolutely impressive and super excited to see the final animation!

Oh, reminds me of the traps in the 'Cube' movie for some reason. Do any of the avatars get sliced and diced?? You need some prime numbers at each section :)

abedsabeh

Amazing work Dries! Great stuff and good luck. Looking forward to see your animation running!

Abed

DriesV

Thanks for the support guys! Really keeps me going... 8)
I'm really, really glad that I can leave behind SolidWorks now and work in KeyShot. Now things are real fun. :)0

Tonight I did quite a bit of animating. I animated my camera intro sequence, 'avatar drop-off', start light flipping and 5 boobytrap sections. Evidently all in DRAFT (I still have to tweak the position/duration of animations), but the basic structure is there.
Tomorrow I hope to finish the complete animation in DRAFT and do some further materializing of my scene.

Dries

DriesV

Btw, my scene is 22.511.986 triangles large. Gulp. :P

Dries

DriesV

Here's two snapshots of my progress so far.

note: I'm not making a 'side scroller'. I orbit to the side in the event of very large boobytraps. A nice side effect is that you can see the gears spinning.

Dries

TpwUK

You're going to have major withdrawals when this is done and dusted, you know that don't you ?

Martin

DriesV

Well Martin, I don't know what tricks other people have up their sleeve... :D

I'm actually amazed myself to see how this stuff has come along in barely two weeks. :o
And all it took was a very simple base idea (rolling ball on a ginormous wheel), elaborate expansion on that idea, clear goals, determination and discipline.
Quite frankly anyone can do it... ;)

Dries