New renders and WIP's

Started by Despot, October 07, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Hello fellow Keyshooters,

It's been a while since I last posted anything, well renders anyway... this RoboChicken image is a WIP that was done using Groboto/Modo/ZBrush and then rendered in KeyShot. No post apart from resizing, rendered in 8 minutes in KS4.2 Beta. HDRI was created in HDRStudio. If you want to know any other details of my workflow, just ask, I have no secrets.

My life has recently taken a turn for the worst, to the point where for the past 8 weeks I've been homeless. It's amazing how quickly your life can take a turn for the worst and quickly spiral downwards. things are slightly better now thankfully, I'm sleeping on a friends sofa, so at least I've got a roof over my head for the time being anyway

Perhaps I shouldn't be asking this here, for a number of reasons, but I have nothing to lose, so here goes. Does anybody have any work they can put my way, or have any contacts that could help. I have a multitude of skills in the 2D and 3D arenas and am willing to give excellent value for money.

I only need a couple of hundred pounds worth of work to help get me in a place of my own - so if anybody can help or point me in another direction, I'd be grateful. I'm due to start a new work contract in January, so this is just to get me into somewhere stable.

Thanks

J

thomasteger

Looks amazing.

Sorry about the latest mishaps. We will keep our eyes and ears open.

Best of luck!

Thomas

Skint

Im not entirely sure of what it is.. but it looks great lol.

sorry to hear about the bad times too... keep your chin up,  someone with your skills will find a way to move up again!  Where do you live btw ?

Despot

Thanks, this is a RoboChicken Bust WIP

Here is a clay render of the geometry lit with a less moody HDRI

J

fario

:((

Courage, I'm sure the wind will turn in your favor.

Cordially.

Antoine

PhilippeV8

Yes, I always tend to believe that in my life, I have .. +/- 20% good fortune, equal that amount bad fortune and the other 60% is just your average day to day stuff.  So if, during a period in time, you have 80% misfortune, it WILL even itself out later in time.  So keep your head up high and your hope alive.

Cheers,
P.

DriesV

Ha, cool image! :)
Hmm...I wonder why everyone is posting (exactly matching) clay renders now. :)

John, about that work query:
Do you have a resume or portfolio?
What industries are you interested to work in? Do you do archviz??

Dries

Despot

The answer is Tsunamigate

Yes I can do archviz Dries...  :D

J

PhilippeV8

#tsunamigate is a trending topic on twitter ...

Chad Holton

Very nice work, John.

Sorry to hear about your current situation. At some point things can only get better - stay positive! I'll keep my ear out as well. Are you any good at cloth modeling?

Despot

Thanks for the kind words, I suppose things will get easier.... although at this juncture it's hard to believe

QuoteAre you any good at cloth modeling?

Yes, I've done cloth modelling before in Modo and Cinema 4D and to some degree ZBrush

J

keaneray

With work like that you'll be back on your feet in no time John. Stay positive. I remember one thing my Mum always reminds me when I'm down "There's always someone in a worse off situation than you".

Best of luck,

Ray.

H

Looks great! I have no idea what it is, but I like it  :D. It's both abstract and non abstract at the same time in a clever way!

Chad Holton

Quote from: The Metal Master on October 08, 2013, 09:17:00 AM

QuoteAre you any good at cloth modeling?

Yes, I've done cloth modelling before in Modo and Cinema 4D and to some degree ZBrush

J

Alright - I'll send you a PM for more info.

Despot

Just want to say thanks for the support and to the people who have contacted me (including Luxion)

Even if nothing more happens it has restored my faith in human nature somewhat.

Here's another RoboChicken render with moodier lighting

J