Main Menu

Tinkering

Started by Zen, December 29, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Love keyshot, so easy to use and fastest renderer I've ever used.  Cuts hours off renders.  I've been looking for something like this for years.  It can't do everything, but it can do a lot in a small package.  Another bonus is that you don't have to jump through hoops to get stuff working or looking right.  (everything but the robot is modeled by me)

feher

Hi Zen,
Welcome ! Keep playing it gets better.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Tiho Ramovic

Welcome Zen!!
Very nice renders, cant wait to see some more in future ;)

thomasteger

Welcome - keep it coming!

Josh3D

Excellent! Welcome. Really looking forward to seeing more.

EGON

Is the last one a glass pipe? I live in Denver :)

Zen

Quote from: EGON on December 31, 2013, 03:06:23 PM
Is the last one a glass pipe? I live in Denver :)

It is, and it's already up on shapeways for food safe glazed ceramic 3d printing, but the payment system hasn't been setup yet.  The base cost to produce it is about $17, a little more if I make it a little thicker for more durability.  So it's actually quite affordable.   Lucky you for living in denver ;)

Zen

...............some things I made a while back.

original size, best viewed by right clicking and viewing individually.  all textures from the default keyshot library of course.

the first ones suffer from a typical keyshot problem of noise in depth of field rendering.  but viewing it at about half its size eliminates that.

Zen

thomasteger

Interesting designs are coming to life! :-)

richardfunnell

Those are some really great images Zen! I especially like the reflected sketch  :D

Keep in mind that you can increase the quality of the DOF using the slider under the advanced control render settings. My suggestion would be to bump it up to at least 3 to get rid of some the noise, although it will increase your render time.
I'd love to see cleaner versions of the images you posted!!

Zen

minimalistic wallpaper

Josh3D

Love the wallpaper, but you can see the seam and could use an increase in the Gamma.

Zen

Quote from: josh3d on February 06, 2014, 06:24:11 AM
Love the wallpaper, but you can see the seam and could use an increase in the Gamma.

yeah I did zero post processing on it and no tweaking with the render settings or textures.   just something thrown together.  I had actually started out trying to come up with a new windows 9 logo type, but got distracted with trying variations.

oh and thanks to richard for letting me know about the DOF quality slider.  I'll be sure to use it. 

Josh3D

You can adjust the gamma under settings in KeyShot. In fact, I do most of my adjustments in KeyShot. Don't care much to take it into PS, unless layer work is needed.