The zoom function

Started by bowen192, May 01, 2014, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowen192

Hi,

I'm having great difficulties with the zoom function:

1 I can add a zoom animation, but if I start adding other cameras and zooms, the zoom seems to be disregarded from the animation timeline.  There appears to be no option to put it back.

2 You cannot zoom on a particular point.

Any tips?

TpwUK

Hi Bowen, this is being worked on in version 5 too, but i am not sure if you will be able to zoom to a specific point

Martin

bowen192

Am I missing something then?

If I am animating, surely there is a way to zoom in and out of more than one place?

Also, can you orbit around more than one axis?

TpwUK

QuoteIf I am animating, surely there is a way to zoom in and out of more than one place?

There is indeed, but not in a fashion of a camera path curve, so you would have a camera start position, zoom in or out, do an orbit of n degrees and zoom in again. You can stack sequences too, such as a 5 second orbit, inclination and zoom. KS is just somewhat modular in its approach to animation so some animations at present have to be done as render passes or as a queue.

QuoteAlso, can you orbit around more than one axis?

Yes, stack the orbits on the same timeline as mentioned above. :)

QuoteAm I missing something then?

I don't know about you, but i have been for years  ;D

Martin

bowen192

Thanks for your help, but I'm still massively confused about the orbit function.

I just want to do a 360 degree orbit around the object x axis, but I can only get Keyshot to do it on the y axis.

TpwUK

For Y axis use inclination instead of orbit

Martin

bowen192

::) You can't see the wood for the trees sometimes.

Cheers, Martin.