Network Rendering Slave/Master confusion

Started by aderocher, June 27, 2014, 08:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aderocher

Hello,
I have an issue with the network rendering setup. I and a few colleagues have machines for working on, and we have 1 very powerful machine in the corner that we want to do the rendering for all of us. The goal is that when we finish building a project, we can send our job to this machine, it will render it, and send it back.
As I understand the software, I am to set up my and my colleagues machines as queue only, and the machine we want to do the rendering as a Slave and Master. My queue machine cannot find the master or even connect to the network of machines though. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I have followed the set up guide to the letter several times over, and have spent a lot of time playing with settings, changing all of the computers back and forth from slave to master to slave/master to queue and it seems like nothing works. Help!

Ruckus

You've got me a bit confused too.
If I understand correctly, you want all of your Network Rendering done on the single "machine in the corner."

If that is correct I suggest:
- Uninstall Network Rendering from ALL of your machines.  (mostly to clean things up)
- Re-install Network Rendering on the machine in the corner ONLY.  (You don't need it on your local machines, and it sounds like this might be what is causing the confusion)
- On the machine in the corner, as Administrator, run the keyshot5_network_configurator.exe (similar for KS4)
- Use the interface to install, then start, the Master.
- Install, then Start the Slave.

As long as all of your machines are on the same sub-net you should not have to change any of the defaults.

Ruckus

I might have given you some bad advice - we put the slave service on all of our machines & only run network renders at night, so I haven't tried what you are attempting.

Start with what I said above.
Then, if your client machines don't have access to the queue, re-install NR on the clients.  Do NOT run the network configurator on the clients, only queue.exe