Ability to Save, Re-Run and Export Render Queues

Started by br3ttman, July 07, 2014, 06:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

Twice now I've set up rendered queues and wish I could have saved them to re-run again later or even export to a faster machine. This weekend I set up a dozen files and started processing the queue. I then tried stopping the queue to add a couple additional views. However, rather than just pausing, it ended up deleting the current render and automatically skipped to the next render in the queue. Ultimately, I had to rebuild the entire queue in order to add the additional renderings.

Rex

Something more likely is the "Ability to unpause KeyShot when processing render queue in order to add more jobs". I filed this with development, we'll see what they have to say.

br3ttman

Thanks for looking into options there!  I would also like, however, to build my render queues on my Macbook, but then export the .KSP package along with the render queues to my Alienware system at work because it has twice the rendering speed.  Moreover, we had a power outage at work a couple months back during some overnight renderings.  Fortunately, most of my render queue had processed, and I was able to quickly re-run the renders from my Viewsets.  However, it'd still have been faster and simpler to just grab the last 2 jobs from the queue to re-run them.

Rex

Quote from: br3ttj on July 11, 2014, 05:47:10 PM
Thanks for looking into options there!  I would also like, however, to build my render queues on my Macbook, but then export the .KSP package along with the render queues to my Alienware system at work because it has twice the rendering speed.  Moreover, we had a power outage at work a couple months back during some overnight renderings.  Fortunately, most of my render queue had processed, and I was able to quickly re-run the renders from my Viewsets.  However, it'd still have been faster and simpler to just grab the last 2 jobs from the queue to re-run them.

In KeyShot 5 Pro you can create Scene Sets which combine model configurations with Viewsets. All you would have to do on your Alienware is toggle through scene sets and add each to queue.

br3ttman

Yes, those just caught my eye earlier today.  I think that's the work flow I've been waiting for!

Thanks!

Jeremy McManus

It would be great to see something like Photoshop actions.

we render out sets of angled images for product ranges. these are the same product from various angles in various colours

it would be great to be able to apply the same angle sets to various colours or to be able to use the same angle sets for future products

Rex

Quote from: Jeremy McManus on July 15, 2014, 01:52:37 AM
It would be great to see something like Photoshop actions.

we render out sets of angled images for product ranges. these are the same product from various angles in various colours

it would be great to be able to apply the same angle sets to various colours or to be able to use the same angle sets for future products

Hey Jeremy. Welcome to the forum!

Have you used Scene Sets in KeyShot 5?