Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Josh Mings on January 28, 2016, 04:28:38 AM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
You are quite welcome.

OK, final one now, and then I'll move on from this model, unless someone doesn't point out something that needs fixing. Trying to get better at those overview shots. Carpet downloaded from turbosquid.

TpwUK

lol - I wanna see one with it leaning on a Marshall amp, with that hint of, 'we go to 11'  ;D

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Oh, that would have been cool! Although I'm not sure about the expression 'we go to 11'? Am I missing something obvious, or is it a general saying I have missed?

TpwUK

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on January 28, 2016, 04:38:48 AM
Oh, that would have been cool! Although I'm not sure about the expression 'we go to 11'? Am I missing something obvious, or is it a general saying I have missed?

It's an old joke, all the old amps were 1-10 on their dials so when Marshalls brought out their latest amp at the time, the marketing guys pushed the phrase 'we go to 11' and it got a mention in a movie too :)

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TpwUK on January 28, 2016, 04:56:23 AM
It's an old joke, all the old amps were 1-10 on their dials so when Marshalls brought out their latest amp at the time, the marketing guys pushed the phrase 'we go to 11' and it got a mention in a movie too :)
Ahh.. Haha, would that movie be "Spinal Tap"? Just saw a clip on youtube. Amusing;)

TpwUK

That sounds about right Magnus, but since i am getting to be an old fart now i can't rely on my recall skills - lol

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

An exercise in rendering glass. Model from GrabCAD => some geometry editing in NX => KS6 => PS

NM-92

I saw some cases, in blender for example, where they put like an overlay "dust coat" over the glass. Is this possible within keyshot? You are getting a pretty close result with those wine stains, how did you do that ? It's awesome btw, really nice rendering.

Despot

wow, those lipstick stains just f*!%*d me... my only gripe would be the cut glass areas look a little flaky full size

But on the whole, brilliant :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on June 07, 2016, 04:50:46 AM
I saw some cases, in blender for example, where they put like an overlay "dust coat" over the glass. Is this possible within keyshot? You are getting a pretty close result with those wine stains, how did you do that ? It's awesome btw, really nice rendering.
Thanks man! Hmm.. I've been pondering about the very same thing. I haven't managed to find a decent way to do this within the same material, but I've managed to somehow work around it. In that regard: I duplicate the geometry where I want the dust/smudge layer, and increase the scale to something like 1.001. I then use the plastic material and a dust/smudge texture as an opacity map to bring forth the underlying material. Check the two images I've attached for reference. Did a quick example for you with the KS Caustics scene. Not sure if this technique would be applicable for any situation though.

Quote from: Despot on June 07, 2016, 04:54:21 AM
wow, those lipstick stains just f*!%*d me... my only gripe would be the cut glass areas look a little flaky full size

But on the whole, brilliant :)
Hah! Proper f%&*d? Means a lot to hear that from you though. Thank you!

Speedster

QuoteIt's an old joke, all the old amps were 1-10 on their dials so when Marshalls brought out their latest amp at the time, the marketing guys pushed the phrase 'we go to 11' and it got a mention in a movie too
Putting it in familiar terms, an "11" means a lot of shattered windows and pissed of neighbors!  Those Marshall stacks are AWESOME!
Bill G

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Speedster on June 07, 2016, 07:49:21 AM
QuoteIt's an old joke, all the old amps were 1-10 on their dials so when Marshalls brought out their latest amp at the time, the marketing guys pushed the phrase 'we go to 11' and it got a mention in a movie too
Putting it in familiar terms, an "11" means a lot of shattered windows and pissed of neighbors!  Those Marshall stacks are AWESOME!
Bill G
Hah, so I've heard. There's a couple of weeks (yes, every day for two weeks) every year here in Norway, where the senior high graduates "takes it to 11". So I can relate to that.

NM-92

I missed your explanation on that glass material. It's great ! A very clever approach. Thank you !

Will Gibbons

Awesome work as always. Quick question, any way you could apply an overlay texture as a roughness texture?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on June 08, 2016, 05:29:16 AM
I missed your explanation on that glass material. It's great ! A very clever approach. Thank you !
Anytime Nico:)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 08, 2016, 05:37:44 AM
Awesome work as always. Quick question, any way you could apply an overlay texture as a roughness texture?
Yeah, I've used a very subtle one on the original image there, to generate some subtle roughness at the stained areas. I experimented using the dielectric material, as it gave me a bit more tweaking choices regarding roughness & transmission control. I'm attaching one of the resulting images from the experimentation, without the use of any spot masking. It has a decent look about it I guess, as it got this slightly greasy/moist feel.

And of course: Thank you so much for the nice words:)