Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi
really good render Magnus.
it's a kink of overlay , no ?
i use this effect sometimes (screenshot in attachment)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Finema on June 08, 2016, 07:26:31 AM
Hi
really good render Magnus.
it's a kink of overlay , no ?
i use this effect sometimes (screenshot in attachment)
Thanks! Yeah, that really got that moist effect. Looks good:)

Magnus Skogsfjord

I'm in the process of decorating my new apartment, so I've begun a project where I want to hang something up that I made myself. I've ended up with a vintage Vespa as my motive, and this is the first, well, testrender. I'm trying to achieve a vintage look, that has seen a lot, but not too worn. Not sure how large I want it yet, but my guess is that the final render will be quite large.

This is the first attempt, I'm thinking about keeping the angle and motive, but I'm open for any suggestions! Since the final render probably needs to bake over some days, I want to make sure that the final one are superb. Model from Turbosquid.

bdesign

Magnus, this is totally badass! I love this shot, and your texturing on the front end of the bike is absolutely killer, man! The detail is incredible, especially when viewed full rez in a separate window...outstanding!

Eric

TpwUK

+1 with Eric's sentiments - The only bit thing missing is some wearing out on that seat, maybe it's already there but too blurred out to see.

Martin

Despot

Supremely cool render Magnus, love the texture imperfections :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: bdesign on July 16, 2016, 02:13:46 AM
Magnus, this is totally badass! I love this shot, and your texturing on the front end of the bike is absolutely killer, man! The detail is incredible, especially when viewed full rez in a separate window...outstanding!
Thank you so much for the encouragement, Eric! Mighty nice of you to say:) Greatly appreciated!

Quote from: TpwUK on July 16, 2016, 02:28:59 AM
+1 with Eric's sentiments - The only bit thing missing is some wearing out on that seat, maybe it's already there but too blurred out to see.
Thanks a bunch Martin! I'll definitely rough up the seat for the next iteration. Thanks for the feedback!  Also: thanks for holding me back on the scratch amount;)

Quote from: Despot on July 16, 2016, 12:47:05 PM
Supremely cool render Magnus, love the texture imperfections :)
Always a pleasure getting encouragement from you, John. Thank you!:)

Hossein Alfideh

awesome work magnus! love the details alot dude , really impressive as always ! :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 17, 2016, 07:11:56 AM
awesome work magnus! love the details alot dude , really impressive as always ! :)
Cheers Hossein! Greatly appreciated:)

TyRuben

Magnus -- Totally inspiring -- thank you for sharing these -- !

When I was working on Hellboy -- Guillermo use to call Mike Mignola, "Magnus" -- !

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: TyRuben on July 17, 2016, 01:02:59 PM
Magnus -- Totally inspiring -- thank you for sharing these -- !

When I was working on Hellboy -- Guillermo use to call Mike Mignola, "Magnus" -- !
Thank you for your kind words, not to mention the interesting fun fact. Cool! I'm gonna take care of that information.

Anyhow. Small 4k update on the guy, including a roughed up seat as suggested by Martin.

feher

Holy moly, the Vespa  images are a piece of art. So freaking nice. The material creation and lighting is on a whole other level.
Inspiring to say the least.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: feher on July 18, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
Holy moly, the Vespa  images are a piece of art. So freaking nice. The material creation and lighting is on a whole other level.
Inspiring to say the least.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim
Tim, that's very kind of you to say. From one who has been one of the major inspiration sources since before I even knew of this software, it sure means a lot. Thank you!

Finema

Really nice renders Magnus  :)
Do you use Normal projection or UV coordinates for the textures  ?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Finema on July 19, 2016, 02:19:25 AM
Really nice renders Magnus  :)
Do you use Normal projection or UV coordinates for the textures  ?
Thank you, Finema! It's a variety of maps actually. For the chrome rim outside the paint I've used a simple box map in the roughness channel. For the paint, I've used a combination of spherical and procedural maps. For the "nose", I've used normal mapping. I've attached the mat-graph for the paint if you are interested in the channel utilization.