v2.1 'Bloom'

Started by jhiker, October 01, 2010, 04:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Has nothing to do with the graphics card. We have found this to be an issue with certain files. This will be fixed in the next updated.

JSK

Hello!

Just updated and now it works!  :)

Thanks

BR
JSK

jhiker

I just updated and I'm still greyed out.... >:(

Anders Johnsen

Hi jhiker,

It would be great if you could send a PM to me with the list of OpenGL Extensions supported by your graphics card.

I found http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ able to do it, but maybe the ATI Control Panel can be of some help. If you use the program I've linked to, navigate to Report and copy the entire "Report" text-field and send it to me.

Thank you,

- Anders

kh

I'm still greyed out too.
Cannot it work with my laptopPC?

Anders Johnsen

Hi kh,

It would be great if you could also send your OpenGL Extensions list to me.

Thanks,

- Anders

jhiker

Hi Anders,
Thanks for your kind offer of help.
I can see the report window but I can't save it as a text file only 'xml'.
Is this useful?
Meanwhile I will check my drivers are up to date.
Thanks,
Jeff

kh

OpenGL Extensions Viewer is not working with my laptop by error.
Is there the way to get the list without using OpenGL Extensions Viewer?

Anders Johnsen

Hi Jeff and kh,

kh:
I'll write a small program that can aid you with this. If you could PM me your email address, I'll send it to you.

Jeff:
Can you select the text and copy it, using Ctrl-C, and then paste it in a PM here on the site? That would be the most useful, but a xml file is also fine. If you're still having issues, PM me your email as well.

- Anders

jhiker

PM sent with full report - Thanks Anders....

kh

Thanks Anders.
I sent PM.

kh

Thanks for your kindness.
I sent PM with my OpenGL Extensions list.

jhiker

Sadly, I can't make use of the new 'Effects' features because my graphics card does not support 'frame buffers'.

Would it be possible for some kind soul to recommend a modestly priced graphic card to replace my Radeon X600 in my rather old Dell Dimension DIM5100 which does support 'frame buffers'..?

It's likely to be next year before I can ask for a new PC  ;)

Many thanks.

Anders Johnsen

Hi,

When Google-ing "Dell Dimension 5100", I can see that it comes with a PCI Express x16 slot. This means that any new graphic card should be able to fit into it.

Any graphic card that supports OpenGL 3.0, or later, should be able to run the Realtime Effects. I found HD4350 to have the required features, coming in on ~50$. Note however, that cheaper cards may give a laggy experience when using a large resolution.

I hope this information can help you.

- Anders

jhiker

Many thanks to both Anders and Ralph  ;)