Main Menu

Mercedes 300SL

Started by E.Sirbu, August 24, 2015, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Sirbu

Hi everyone! I changed the car and made two new renders :D What do you think about them? :)

Despot

I like them both, very nice indeed, I'm into the desaturated look at the moment... my only niggles would be aliasing issues again, the 'raindrops' are too big (and some are sideways, which looks odd to me) and the bump on the bodywork of the bottom car is too severe.

Good job

J

Juan_Martin

One of my all time favorite cars and a beautiful model ! I agree with the aliasing, and maybe you could add a SP Sports sticker or a bump to the tires for more detail.  :)

edwardo

I like these shots, and I love this car (its also a great looking model of it!)

Quotethe 'raindrops' are too big (and some are sideways, which looks odd to me) and the bump on the bodywork of the bottom car is too severe.

Im not sure I agree with John - i think i see what youv done with the rain. You got 'falling rain' slightly angled, and youve got rain drops on the 'camera lens' (hence why they look too big on the body work). How did you do this? in post, or did you bump on rain drops to a glass plane in front of the camera? You could try putting a blur on the droplets on the camera (to get more of a bokeh effect). Either way I like it. My only criticism is the composition of the rainy shot - at first it looked to me like this car was out of control, on the windy road in wet conditions (but then i realised it had no driver).

I love the overall feeling from both these shots

E

PS, this looks exactly like a particularly treacherous stretch of road in Scotland, the A82 along the side of Loch Lomond - many a car has ended up in the water on this road!

Josh3D

I love the feel of these shots, but what's odd to me is how the road ends at the roofline in the the first shot.

E.Sirbu

Thank you for your feedback guys!

Yeah edwardo you are right, I thought at the rain drops on the camera lens and I made it in Photoshop. I didn't care about the driver, because I didn't think the car out of control, but I am going to be carefull for next renders ;)

I took the backplates from flickr so it's very possiile to be the road you know, edwardo.

Josh the first backplate is a cracked road during a flooding. I don't rememeber in wich country, but I really like it. The only problem is that it is too small.

E.Sirbu

I really like this car and I made some new wheels for it :)

slater

The first one shot it's what i prefeer..real nice....in the last one, for me alising with backplate plane is not correct..

regards

Speedster

I really like the first shot!  All it needs is some "fog" rolling in, over and around the car.  Not a fan of the new rims, however- kinda large and clunky for this classic.
Bill G

E.Sirbu

Sppedster maybe but the purpose was to make a tuning kit ofr it. I am still working on it ;)

Two new renders with the progress:

Dylan

Not bad at all. I have (rather ny Dad has) one of those models in Burago. Yours is good work  but IMHO needs more work to be fully realistic.

Martin Kamminga

wow, I am in love with the first shot.  I think that the second shot could have better post processing though. I would scale and tone down the rain effects, and maybe slightly desaturate the cool colours (that's more a personal thing). Anyways, great job!

hugo

Quote from: E.Sirbu on October 02, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
Sppedster maybe but the purpose was to make a tuning kit ofr it. I am still working on it ;)

Two new renders with the progress:

Yikes! I hate to have those tires rub against the body frame each time you turn the wheel.....ouch!

feher

Great work !!! The second shot is sweet as candy.
It's a keeper
Tim

E.Sirbu

Thank you all! As soon as I make some progresses I will be back with new renders :)