Keyshot6 release date

Started by giullep, August 31, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giullep

Hey guys we have a release date of the new keyshot 6? Thx

bentiger

15th of June (2015) was the last thing i have heard, so i guess we have to be patient.  :D

MisterNeil

Hello,

I recently asked and was told the release date was around October 2015.

Neil

giullep

Thx MisterNeil...i dont understand why they (Mr. Mings) dont give to us never any idea for release date...i understand all (development, upgrade, work about new version, problems) but i ask any general info.. its possible to give at the people or not? The date release will be give at public for every software, film, games today....Luxion no.. :o

edwardo

QuoteThe date release will be give at public for every software, film, games today....Luxion no.. :o

I think Iv been waiting for about 5 years for Rhino to get out of beta(OSX), and in all that time they barely announced a thing! I find luxion one of the must informative / transparent software developers around. And they also seem to listen to user feedback regarding new features more than other developers. Not trying to kiss ass, just calling it as I see it.

E

Despot

I agree with Edwardo 100%

Luxion are extremely customer focused...

J

Speedster

Most small software developers, like Microsoft, release upgrades way before they are ready. Luxion does not, as I'm sure you have noticed. They get it right, because it's all about us, the users, not about them.

My high school stage instructor told the director, who was yowling that the set would not be finished by opening night, "We never show unfinished work to fools and children".

Bill G

PhilippeV8

First releases .. I wouldn't call them "ready" .. but the good thing is .. you can't call them "finished" either.
I think the final release of a version is close to 100%.  But we do get regular updates.  Which in a way is very handy .. one gets to use the software BEFORE it's close to 100% .. and one gets to ask for changes/improvements/new-features along the way.  For me, that's one of the reasons to be with Keyshot and to stay with Keyshot.

Despot

QuoteThe date release will be give at public for every software

Really ? you think that do you ?, well, not in my experience they don't...

Next Limit don't give a solid date or even a conservative estimate for their latest releases of Maxwell Render, neither do Maxon for Cinema 4D or for that matter Pixologic for ZBrush - and the reason ? because schedules slip, due to one thing or another, whether that be bugs found by Beta testers, or other reasons.

I imagine to give a solid, set in concrete date would be silly...

J

Arian Shamil

I think it is better to wait a little but have a complete and 100% working software than have it immediately but with a lot of bug...
To me, it is not a problem to wait...the important things to me is stability and some new features!

PhilippeV8

Yeah stability is crucial .. that's even why I tend to wait a couple of weeks or months before migrating from one version to the next.  In the meantime I can check user feedback and user reports of how stable it is.  No vX.0 for me .. rather vX.18 or so :)
In dutch we say "to look the cat out of the tree" .. but that probably makes no sence in English haha :)

Despot

QuoteIn dutch we say "to look the cat out of the tree" .. but that probably makes no sence in English haha

In English we say, 'If the Software doesn't work, shoot the cat out of the tree...' ;) :)

J

PhilippeV8

HAHA, J ...  ;D

Must be american english then for sure  ;D  Perhaps even Texas accent  :P

giullep

Ok no release date...but i have just read the review about keyshot 6 in artistonline...how can they review an incomplete software and give to reader an opinion (complete) about the program? Or the software is alreadly completed and miss only the release date? Then if the software is complete why they dont  give to us the release date..strange or not? Lol ;D

Shot the cat, destroy the tree, burn the cat on tree and eat it...lol

Ciao and thx guys

PhilippeV8

damn it!  That was MY cat ! Grrrrr

:P  ???