Voronoi Fracture Animations and Stills

Started by Despot, September 12, 2016, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Quoteso  if no deforms why not use fbx, is there a difference?

For normal MoGraph stuff, a straight export to .fbx is fine.

But try it with Voronoi Fracture and it doesn't work, needs Nitrobaking first. And even then, when nitrobaked, multiple material selections are not respected (inner/outer faces). So the best route is Melange :)

I've attached a simple C4D file and the corresponding .bip

Cinema 4D R18 is needed for the C4D file

Cheers

J

LM6

Thanks for the info

Cheers

Peter

Quote from: Despot on September 16, 2016, 05:52:51 AM
Quoteso  if no deforms why not use fbx, is there a difference?

For normal MoGraph stuff, a straight export to .fbx is fine.

But try it with Voronoi Fracture and it doesn't work, needs Nitrobaking first. And even then, when nitrobaked, multiple material selections are not respected (inner/outer faces). So the best route is Melange :)

I've attached a simple C4D file and the corresponding .bip

Cinema 4D R18 is needed for the C4D file

Cheers

J

Despot

QuoteEhh... it's pretty good.

I can't keep a straight face while typing that even, haha. These are awesome! I personally like the first one... the gold sculpture of the face. Using occlusion is smart there and seems to bring definition to each individual shard. Assuming you used it to emphasize the shadows in the cracks as it crumbled?

Where are my manners ? sorry Will, didn't see this...

Thanks for the comment man. Yeah, I like using occlusion and in this instance it did exactly as you said, just emphasized the crack shadows :)

bdesign

John, these are all so super cool! Especially like the matball one. Look forward to seeing more magic :)

Eric

Despot

Quoteohn, these are all so super cool! Especially like the matball one. Look forward to seeing more magic

Thanks Eric, you're too kind :)

Artur

Sorry for asking but this all makes me confused.

Maybe a video tutorial with the workflow from C4D to KS...
Thanks in advance.