Despot's Render Thread (additions: AMG Wheels, Lu Yu scan)

Started by Despot, October 06, 2016, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

This is some next level stuff right here. WOW! Love that stone texture. Also if you haven't mentioned this already, what is your modeling workflow?

Despot

QuoteWell, i have a new favourite :P Really great work on the mat graph.

Me too, of my recent stuff, it's one of my favs :) thanks Nicolas ;)

QuoteThe close up on the stone material is crazy  ;)

Lol, thanks Philippe :)

QuoteSimply amazing, John. Beautiful lighting and texturing work...outstanding :)

That means a lot Eric, thank you :)

QuoteThis is some next level stuff right here. WOW! Love that stone texture. Also if you haven't mentioned this already, what is your modeling workflow?

Well thanks very much - I didn't model this, it's a free scan from Artec, here's the link...

https://www.artec3d.com/3d-models/dragon

Despot

Additional model subdivision : Cinema 4D
Textures : Substance Designer / Adobe Illustrator
Rendering : KeyShot 6.2
Postwork : Adobe Photoshop

Model by Dennis Ricardo

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

bdesign

This is super cool, John! Is the stone ground a displacement from C4D? Also, not to nit pick :), but the "US ARMY" label is sliced...was this intentional, or is the projection depth perhaps not quite high enough?

Cheers,
Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

I absolutely love that detail top trimetric shot of that stone figure. One of my favorites from you yet, John. Astonishing work! Got your ways around stone materials:)

-M

Despot

QuoteThis is super cool, John! Is the stone ground a displacement from C4D? Also, not to nit pick :), but the "US ARMY" label is sliced...was this intentional, or is the projection depth perhaps not quite high enough?

Thank you Eric, yes, the stone ground is a Substance Designer borne height map used as a displacement map in C4D, then baked and exported - and the cut-off label I already knew about would you believe, but I've been working on this off and on for months now, originally I was working on a similar model but then found this better one. Anyway, it was on my 'fix' list, but got overlooked, I'm slipping  ::)

Oh and you were correct about why it looked shit,  depth projection wasn't high enough ;)

Anyway, I've corrected and swapped the image.

QuoteI absolutely love that detail top trimetric shot of that stone figure. One of my favorites from you yet, John. Astonishing work! Got your ways around stone materials:)

Thanks very much Magnus, I really appreciate the comment :) it's also my favourite of recent stuff

Arian Shamil

Hossein Alfideh

crazy work with the mat graph John! that dragon war is just amazing!  :o

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Despot on October 15, 2016, 02:18:14 PM
Props to Esben for the 'new additions added to subject heading idea' :)
Thanks for the shout out. No problem :)

Amazing bunch of renderings here!
Very inspiring to see your results with the area lights only.

Despot

Quote from: Arian Shamil on October 20, 2016, 02:37:15 PM
The war dragon...stunning shots  :o
Love them all!

Cheers Arian, thank you :)

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on October 24, 2016, 11:22:18 AM
crazy work with the mat graph John! that dragon war is just amazing!  :o

Thanks Hossein, there actually isn't that much actual MatGraph work to it, mostly lighting :)

QuoteAmazing bunch of renderings here!
Very inspiring to see your results with the area lights only.

Always nice to get a comment from you Esben, Area Lights are really cool to play with, if only they'd res up a little quicker ;)

Despot

A couple of additions...

Lu Yu scan was lit with area lights only and the AMG wheels  are KeyShot generated HDRI and 1 area light.

Finema

Again , Lu Yu material is awesome man !
Wheels are clean but stone material is top !

Hossein Alfideh

I've tried to render some wheels myself but to be honest I've never even get close to this!  :D
that stone material is top-notch!very great as always!

Finema