Despot's Render Thread (additions: AMG Wheels, Lu Yu scan)

Started by Despot, October 06, 2016, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Been wanting to do this for a while - this is where I'll post my renders from now on, unless it's something specific which needs a thread of it's own.

With these first batch of images I've focused on lighting and texturing, using Area lights heavily, by themselves or sometimes with HDR's worked up in HDR Light Studio. Textures are from either Substance Designer, Poliigon or my own library.

Models from a variety of sources, either free, purchased or modeled by me - for instance, the hair on the rocking chair throw was done in Cinema 4D, then exported as geo.

Thanks for taking a peek - most of the renders are worth a look full size.

And sorry, lots of chairs, but they seem to be my favourite subject at the moment...

Oh... shoutout to Mr Oxholm for the dust label trick :)

marcusha

Nice work! I really love the lamp and the samsung speaker! Might i ask where you got the concrete texture, it's great! :) I would love if you would share it :)

Despot

More...

Despot

More...

Despot

That's it for now...

marcusha

Wow! All of them are sweet! How did you make the cloth? Marvelous Designer?

guest84672

Looks awesome. What about the stitching on the leather chair? Did you model it?

Despot

QuoteWow! All of them are sweet! How did you make the cloth? Marvelous Designer?

Thanks, yes Marvelous Designer I believe...

QuoteLooks awesome. What about the stitching on the leather chair? Did you model it?

Cheers Thomas :) yes, the stitching is geometry.

marcusha

Quote from: marcusha on October 06, 2016, 01:10:44 PM
Nice work! I really love the lamp and the samsung speaker! Might i ask where you got the concrete texture, it's great! :) I would love if you would share it :)

Do not know if this one got lost in all the great content! :)

Finema

Really, really , really nice work ! all of them  ;)

Chad Holton

Awesome work, John. If I had to pick, I like that stool the best.  8)

Despot

QuoteDo not know if this one got lost in all the great content!

Sorry, yes, it would seem so - that particular texture is from poliigon.com, you can sign up and get 30 days free access

QuoteReally, really , really nice work ! all of them

Cheers Philippe, much appreciated :)

QuoteAwesome work, John. If I had to pick, I like that stool the best

Thanks Chad, the stool was the first one I did actually, but my particular favourite is the leather and metal chair

Finema

John,
Can you show us the material graph of the Stool2 ?
Thanks

Esben Oxholm

Thanks for the shoutout  8)
All are great work for sure, but my favorites are the BandB chair and rocking chair. Amazing job!

Josh3D

Jaw-dropping, John. These are all simply fantastic product shots.