Into the wild ( + Palm trees silhouette)

Started by Hossein Alfideh, November 11, 2016, 06:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hello my friends,
lately I have started doing some nature shots and would like to share with you.as the modeling process takes a long time  :-X I'll share them one by one.
here is the first one.an old wooden boat alone floating for weeks where everything stands still, there are some ongoing activities somewhere near quietly ... so I call this shot deadly silence  :D
let me know what you think,hope you like it

NM-92

Wow man ! Your work has improved a LOT. Your last images looked very realistic. Only thing i have to say about this one is that if that paddle is submerged i don't think it would be that visible. That kind of water is darker beneath the surface i think. Keep rocking !

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: NM-92 on November 11, 2016, 06:24:35 AM
Wow man ! Your work has improved a LOT. Your last images looked very realistic. Only thing i have to say about this one is that if that paddle is submerged i don't think it would be that visible. That kind of water is darker beneath the surface i think. Keep rocking !

Thanks a ton Nico, I really appreciate it dude  ;)
Didn't think of that, you're 100% right, I'll do that and replace the image.Thanks again!  :)

Despot

Great render Hossein,  love everything, only crits would be what Nico said re: the paddle and the water 'splash' is too uniform somehow, a little turbulence is needed I think :)

Despot

I could also think of a back story as to what's happening here but I cannot say in this thread ;)

TpwUK

Personally I think you're pretty darn close here. The misty layer tends to suggest there is no breeze, and it has that autumnal feeling about it. The lack of a breeze means no disturbance to the clear cool waters of the lake. A lake that is full of deep water oxygenators and the sedge/reeds would clear that water to be glass like. I have seen many a lake with water as clean as mountain springs. The whole effect would indeed leave an eerie silence.

There is still lots that can be done here, lower camera angle to offer better scene depth, early sun rise coloured sky to add that early morning chill feeling whilst giving that warm glow that you can feel on your skin etc. So yeah I like this a lot and can see lots of ways of working this scene, a truly reusable environmental asset!

Martin

SebasDesign

Finema

Whaoouu ! Really good job Hossein !
I think the water is too clean for a pong or lac? perhaps add stain on it ?
But i love your image  ;)
you are the "keyshot van gogh"  ;)

Arian Shamil

This is AMAZING!!!!!!
Love it Hossein ;)

bdesign

This is beautiful, Hossein :) +1 with Nico's critique, but it's really a fantastic image!

Eric

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Despot on November 11, 2016, 06:47:27 AM
Great render Hossein,  love everything, only crits would be what Nico said re: the paddle and the water 'splash' is too uniform somehow, a little turbulence is needed I think :)

Quote from: Despot on November 11, 2016, 06:48:30 AM
I could also think of a back story as to what's happening here but I cannot say in this thread ;)

Thank you John  :)
man I think I can guess what you have in mind about the backstory but I'm not 100% sure  :D

Quote from: TpwUK on November 11, 2016, 07:17:56 AM
Personally I think you're pretty darn close here. The misty layer tends to suggest there is no breeze, and it has that autumnal feeling about it. The lack of a breeze means no disturbance to the clear cool waters of the lake. A lake that is full of deep water oxygenators and the sedge/reeds would clear that water to be glass like. I have seen many a lake with water as clean as mountain springs. The whole effect would indeed leave an eerie silence.

There is still lots that can be done here, lower camera angle to offer better scene depth, early sun rise coloured sky to add that early morning chill feeling whilst giving that warm glow that you can feel on your skin etc. So yeah I like this a lot and can see lots of ways of working this scene, a truly reusable environmental asset!

Martin

Thank you Martin, That's really cool how you got the feeling about the scene! really appreciate it man  :)
I've done some changes , let me know what you think  :)

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on November 11, 2016, 08:20:54 AM
this is so cool!!

Thank buddy  ;)

Quote from: Finema on November 11, 2016, 08:31:56 AM
Whaoouu ! Really good job Hossein !
I think the water is too clean for a pong or lac? perhaps add stain on it ?
But i love your image  ;)
you are the "keyshot van gogh"  ;)

haha, thank you philippe!  :)
Actually I've made the attached photo my desktop background. love it alot!Thanks again dude! :)

Quote from: Arian Shamil on November 11, 2016, 09:04:52 AM
This is AMAZING!!!!!!
Love it Hossein ;)

Thank you Arian,really appreciate it  :)

Quote from: bdesign on November 11, 2016, 01:21:15 PM
This is beautiful, Hossein :) +1 with Nico's critique, but it's really a fantastic image!

Eric

Thanks a bunch Eric,cheers! :)

Hossein Alfideh

so, here is my update ...
early morning sky, changes in the camera angel and a bit darker water,also some birds flying in a distance
let me know your Ideas  :)

TpwUK

I prefer the early morning sky, adding the flock of birds works too. Dropping the transparency of the water has lost the tranquility of the scene and made it a dark foreboding lake that has an almost oil slick type of appearance. Which is great if that's the effect you're after. Lakes are a difficult subject... Lower camera angles give less transparency but more surface reflections. Higher angles and you get the opposite, so then you need water movement as in waves or flowing water to disrupt the transparency and refraction .... It's really awkward to put into words. But if you stand at a lakes edge and look down towards your feet you will have more transparency to the water than if you look out to the horizon where the reflections and any movement plus angle of refraction etc all disrupt the transparency to almost zero.

It might also pay to have a strong pin light that's set somewhere between 4.1K to 5.5K to give that golden light. Creating environments is not easy with KS so you have given yourself a painful project, but one that's certainly worth it :)

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Hi Hossein.

Very interesting project!
I don't much to add from what has already been said, except that I probably would try to move those birds a bit to the left to avoid centering everything composition-wise.

:)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Just dropping by to give my +1! Fantastic work, Hossein! Love it.