The Movies Render Vault

Started by NM-92, January 02, 2017, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce27

My representation of the crow, one of my favorite movies! ;D

NM-92

Awesome Bruce !  The character looks very expressive.

boyd_747

THE RING

Esben Oxholm

Nice one, Boyd!

Love that you managed to make the ring look so hot!

Bruce27

Quote from: NM-92 on January 21, 2017, 02:38:50 PM
Awesome Bruce !  The character looks very expressive.

Thanks so much! ;)

NM-92

Will Gibbons

The orange glow on the ring is awesome Boyd!

NM-92

Hello everyone ! Latest movie render, easy to guess :P Reference image and final render attached. I reccomend watching this one in hi-res. Cheers !

Bruce27

Quote from: NM-92 on January 28, 2017, 11:33:50 PM
Hello everyone ! Latest movie render, easy to guess :P Reference image and final render attached. I reccomend watching this one in hi-res. Cheers !

The material uses very realistic, especially the dirtying of the phone (I'd be curious to understand how you created the phone material). Then the Matrix code that is formed from the phone handset is a must (the code is done in photoshop?)! Well done my friend!

LayC42

The phone model is awesome! And the dirty plastic material and specially the cable is stunning. But I would be careful with the smudge tool in post. There are two weird smudges in the horizontal fillet in the front.
Is the blended text from the book?

TpwUK

Nico, you excellent yourself again my friend .... Great job!

Martin

Hossein Alfideh

Damn!
I dig those codes on the phone! Well done bro!

NM-92

Quote from: Bruce27 on January 29, 2017, 12:36:37 AM
The material uses very realistic, especially the dirtying of the phone (I'd be curious to understand how you created the phone material). Then the Matrix code that is formed from the phone handset is a must (the code is done in photoshop?)! Well done my friend!

Hello Bruce, thanks ! I'm attaching two images for you to see how the material looked inside Keyshot and how it was created inside the matgraph. You can also notice what was added in post. The piece of code is actually an X Ray material with a UV mapped texture in the diffuse channel. Once you understand the concept behind layering materials (there's an upcoming Keyshot webinar about this) it's a pretty simple process. Once you finish your material you start to think in how to create the new layer on top of that (it can be dust, fingerprints, whatever). You just need to know where you want that to be seen and define it's opacity.

For example. I wanted a layer of dust above the telephone only to make it look like it was sitting in there for a long time, so i painted my mask in PS (Esben's tutorial helped me a lot with this) to hide it from the rest of the geometry. Sorry for the long answer !

Quote from: LayC42 on January 29, 2017, 01:32:41 AM
The phone model is awesome! And the dirty plastic material and specially the cable is stunning. But I would be careful with the smudge tool in post. There are two weird smudges in the horizontal fillet in the front.
Is the blended text from the book?

Thanks for the comment LayC42. Actually i forgot to credit the author of the model (my bad, too many social networks to post in), so here's the download link:

https://3dsky.org/3dmodels/show/antikvarnyi_tieliefonnyi_apparat_1

Regarding the smudges, they weren't added in post, as you can see in the picture attached. It was a texture problem and i still can't figure out why it looks like that. Every piece of code added in post comes from a PS brush pack, so i'm not certain about whether it is from the book or not.

Quote from: TpwUK on January 29, 2017, 03:07:44 AM
Nico, you excellent yourself again my friend .... Great job!

Martin

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 29, 2017, 06:03:50 AM
Damn!
I dig those codes on the phone! Well done bro!

Thank you very much guys.

Will Gibbons

Really getting comfortable with texturing and mat graph, huh? :)

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 30, 2017, 09:44:50 AM
Really getting comfortable with texturing and mat graph, huh? :)

It wasn't easy to get used to think in nodes language but once you get the hang of it it's really useful and you can create anything (Eric's matgraph of the jaded dragon is the living proof of that).