Main Menu

Jaded Dragon

Started by bdesign, January 14, 2017, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesign

I used the classic Stanford Dragon 3D scan as a canvas for creating a jade material, by blending translucent and transparent materials with a simulated "thickness" map, and added a bit of dust accumulation in the crevices. Post production color grading and smoke done in Photoshop. Lots more detail to enjoy if viewed full rez in a separate window  ;)

Cheers,
Eric

TpwUK

I tried doing jade when beta testing version 6 with the exact same model so I can appreciate the time and effort this scan takes. It's not an easy material to create and the model looses detail real quick so I think you have done a great job with it.

Martin

bdesign

Thank you very much, Martin. I actually got inspired to try this from seeing your fantastic gemology material studies, and the posts you share on Facebook from Amazing Geologist. You obviously know your gems and stones, so I'm quite happy that my attempt passed the "Spencer-Ford Test" :).
I really appreciate the kind words.

Cheers,
Eric

TpwUK

Quote from: bdesign on January 14, 2017, 07:17:54 PM
Thank you very much, Martin. I actually got inspired to try this from seeing your fantastic gemology material studies, and the posts you share on Facebook from Amazing Geologist. You obviously know your gems and stones, so I'm quite happy that my attempt passed the "Spencer-Ford Test" :).

Cheers,
Eric
Dude!! I need to pay more attention, I have just cottoned on to who you are now - Paint the Sky man!!

Martin

bdesign

Quote from: TpwUK on January 14, 2017, 07:34:37 PM
Quote from: bdesign on January 14, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

Cheers,
Eric
Dude!! I need to pay more attention, I have just cottoned on to who you are now - Paint the Sky man!!

Martin

Aha! You have found me out...my secret identity has been revealed...I am......"PAINT THE SKY MAN!"  ;D

NM-92

This is amazing Eric ! Any chance you can share a screenshot of the mat graph ? I tried this with no luck several times.

Finema

Yes the render is very nice. Bravo Eric.

LayC42

Oh wow!!!
Eric, this is an excellent example. It's very impressing, what you do with keyshot.

cheers
Marco

bdesign

Quote from: NM-92 on January 14, 2017, 11:03:24 PM
This is amazing Eric ! Any chance you can share a screenshot of the mat graph ? I tried this with no luck several times.
Thanks very much, Nico! I'll post the matGraph soon, but I'll warn you...it's f***ing insane! I'm a bit concerned that if I post it publicly, the "men in white suits" might show up to cart me away to a padded room  :o ;D

Cheers,
Eric

bdesign

Quote from: Finema on January 14, 2017, 11:52:06 PM
Yes the render is very nice. Bravo Eric.
Thanks very much, Philippe :)

Cheers,
Eric

bdesign

Quote from: LayC42 on January 15, 2017, 12:05:47 AM
Oh wow!!!
Eric, this is an excellent example. It's very impressing, what you do with keyshot.

cheers
Marco

Thank you very much for the kind words, Marco! Very nice of you to say so :)

Cheers,
Eric

INNEO_MWo

I brought this fine example already in my example gallery. So every customer can see this.

Hossein Alfideh

This is insane Eric! :o
I love it, specially when I saw the high resolution. Can't wait to see the Mat-graph.
thanks for sharing.

NM-92

Quote from: bdesign on January 15, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
Quote from: NM-92 on January 14, 2017, 11:03:24 PM
Thanks very much, Nico! I'll post the matGraph soon, but I'll warn you...it's f***ing insane! I'm a bit concerned that if I post it publicly, the "men in white suits" might show up to cart me away to a padded room  :o ;D

Cheers,
Eric

Ha! It can get pretty complex very fast !

bdesign

Quote from: MWo on January 15, 2017, 04:01:16 AM
I brought this fine example already in my example gallery. So every customer can see this.
Thanks very much, Marco. Very nice of you. Are you referring to the Inneo gallery? Could you post a link to the gallery so I can check it out? Thanks!

Cheers,
Eric