Is there a way to create your own materials in keyshot?

Started by itc, March 26, 2010, 01:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itc

I want to have more textures but, don't know how to create ones.
can anyone help with this issue?

guest84672

Double click on the object, or part of the object and use the material editor to change the material.

You can save this materials by opening the material library via "M". Right click into the material window, and select "save material".

Pedro_Julio

It is possible to create materials and even bump maps from scratch as well using the free nvidia normal mapper plugin for photoshop.  It is a little more involved, but it does allow to exercise even more control over your models. 

I'm making a knurled chrome at the moment.  I'll share it when I'm done if anyone is interested.

Robert V.

Quote from: Pedro_Julio on May 04, 2010, 02:11:47 PM
I'm making a knurled chrome at the moment.  I'll share it when I'm done if anyone is interested.

I would like to see the result.

guest84672

Great - let's get this started. Let me know if I need to create a new category or board to keep those separate.

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 04, 2010, 04:48:10 PM
Great - let's get this started. Let me know if I need to create a new category or board to keep those separate.

Good idea - keep them all in one place  :)

Robert V.

I posted this here, because a new topic is a bit overkill,

I integrated the materials from hypershot into keyshot. Keyshot reads the *.bip files the same way as it reads the *.mtl files.

Now I have more than 300 materials to choose from.

How to get those extra materials for free? download the trailversion of hypershot and copy the content of the "MaterialLibraries"-folder (located in the "programdata"/"bunkspeed"/etc.) to keyshot's own material folder.

guest84672

Robert V.

Here you can see the normal material list. with the metal tab opened:

Here you can clearly see that there are a lot more tabs, however at this time I opened the new metal tab:

guest84672

So it looks like you have all the materials ... what is your question again? If you migrated the content form HyperShot to KeyShot you should be all set. If not, simply copy the .bip files in the MaterialLibraries folder from HyperShot Content to the Materials folder in KeyShot Resources.

Thomas

Robert V.

No question, just that's possible to have the materials from hypershot even if you didn't bought hypershot,
But by simply downloading their demo.

Nerowulf

If I want to apply a metal that looks used. Like scratched up and dirty. How do I do that?

guest84672

Apply a bumpmap and a texture to the material.

Thomas

Nerowulf

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 16, 2010, 06:21:21 AM
Apply a bumpmap and a texture to the material.

Thomas
wow. A hole new world open up for me  ;D