Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

JonWelch

Just sharing my latest work, the ashtray being for this weeks #Renderweekly challenge on Instagram. And the lacrosse ball was just something I needed to try for practice.

JonWelch

Two more shots I wanted to try. Forgot I had this model, and thought I'd try getting down and dirty with it. Texturing the different layers became tedious, but I enjoyed the practice. As always, comments and critiques welcome.

TGS808

Quote from: JonWelch on July 02, 2018, 08:40:41 AM
...and thought I'd try getting down and dirty with it.

Mission accomplished. It looks great. Especially those dirty wheels.

Will Gibbons

SebasDesign

That rally shot is awesome! just saw it on the KS instagram and I love it!
However I have to say, I feel like there should be a bit more motion blur on the wheels

JonWelch

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on July 05, 2018, 02:00:50 PM
That rally shot is awesome! just saw it on the KS instagram and I love it!
However I have to say, I feel like there should be a bit more motion blur on the wheels
Yea, I went back and forth with that. I couldn't quite decide how much rotation to give them after looking at a lot of reference images. Maybe I'll revisit the shot here soon

Quote from: Will Gibbons on July 02, 2018, 04:24:12 PM
That action shot is sick!!
Quote from: TGS808 on July 02, 2018, 01:42:55 PM
Mission accomplished. It looks great. Especially those dirty wheels.
Thanks guys :)

Hossein Alfideh

I really like this thread of yours John.Tons of beautiful shot can be found in here.Well done!

JonWelch

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on July 16, 2018, 07:30:37 AM
I really like this thread of yours John.Tons of beautiful shot can be found in here.Well done!
Thanks man, I appreciate it coming from you, I always enjoy seeing your work!

JonWelch

Been busy for a while and havent had much render time, but I managed to finish this beast today. The Hummer Hx Concept. The model can be found on Grabcad here: https://grabcad.com/library/hummer-car-1 But, I will say there are some details missing, and many surfaces needed fixing. Still an awesome model to start with though! I'm proud to say the entire scene is 3d, and the water droplets were a challenge, but I think they turned out well. As always, let me know what you guys think.

Edit: I should say, I was definitely inspired by Doug Didia and his awesome work.

Josh3D

nicordf

Everything is geometry! WOAH!

How long did it take you to render that scene?! Looks great!

JonWelch

Quote from: Josh Mings on July 20, 2018, 08:52:15 AM
Sah-weet!
Thanks man!

Quote from: nicordf on July 20, 2018, 09:31:15 AM
Everything is geometry! WOAH!
How long did it take you to render that scene?! Looks great!
I ran a few test renders initially that looked pretty good after a few hours. But the final render I just let run on a Timed render for 10 hours overnight. But thanks for the compliments!

Eric Summers

Wow, those water droplets are nice! And I like the ripples in the water too. Especially with all of it being geometry.

JonWelch

Quote from: Eric Summers on July 24, 2018, 07:22:00 AM
Wow, those water droplets are nice! And I like the ripples in the water too. Especially with all of it being geometry.
Thanks Eric!