Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Just finished up this render yesterday of the 2010 Audi R8. This fantastic model can be found on GrabCad by Fateh Merrad. Another full 3D Scene, let me know what you guys think :)

Josh3D

Will Gibbons

JonWelch

JonWelch

Thought I'd share just a bunch of mostly random stuff I've done recently.
- The 918 Spyder model is Nils Piirma of course, rendered monotone for this weeks RenderWeekly challenge.
- The Kong dog toy was just for some texture practice
- Coffeemaker was some practice of modeling from a concept drawing done by Filip Chaeder
- Recently made the switch from Android to an iPhone 8 and of course had to build a model of it
- Tire Material was just for some material practice
- And the STI has finally been re-done with some extra rotational blur on the wheels as many suggested

Feel free to comment and critique :)

JonWelch

Will Gibbons

Hey Jon,

I love how eye-catching that timepiece is! Nice image. The band is a bit rigid looking but the model is well-rendered. Reminds me... I have a watch model I need to create a band for so I can 'finish it'. :P

Josh3D

Love'em all Jon. Reminds me I need to pick up some Kong chew toys :)

JonWelch

Just thought i'd share a few of my renders from the RenderWeekly challenge. As always, feel free to comment and critique.

Thanks  :)

Eric Summers

Nice stuff Jon! The materials for that screwdriver are fantastic. Is the water for the shower geometry or did you create it in post?

JonWelch

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 24, 2018, 02:20:13 PM
Hey Jon,

I love how eye-catching that timepiece is! Nice image. The band is a bit rigid looking but the model is well-rendered. Reminds me... I have a watch model I need to create a band for so I can 'finish it'. :P
Quote from: Josh Mings on September 05, 2018, 08:24:15 AM
Love'em all Jon. Reminds me I need to pick up some Kong chew toys :)
Thanks dudes!

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 12, 2018, 02:47:03 PM
Nice stuff Jon! The materials for that screwdriver are fantastic. Is the water for the shower geometry or did you create it in post?
Thanks Eric! The water is Geometry, it's mostly just irregular skinny cylinders that I then used a few opacity maps on to give it the appearance you see.

Eric Summers

Quote from: JonWelch on September 13, 2018, 03:18:26 AM
Thanks Eric! The water is Geometry, it's mostly just irregular skinny cylinders that I then used a few opacity maps on to give it the appearance you see.

Nice! Thanks for sharing, that's an interesting approach.

JonWelch

Uploading a few random things I've finished over the last few weeks. I enjoy having the RenderWeekly competition to always keep me practicing.

Let me know what you all think. I had fun with a lot of these, especially creating Nick Bakers trampoline chair.

DMerz III

KeyShot