Various Renders (some random RenderWeekly challenges)

Started by JonWelch, July 07, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hah, I love all of these. Don't even know where to begin. Obviously the sake set (such lovely details here), but also the miniature models (love the button shield). Steady, awesome work as always Jon :)

JonWelch

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on October 08, 2018, 04:06:26 AM
Hah, I love all of these. Don't even know where to begin. Obviously the sake set (such lovely details here), but also the miniature models (love the button shield). Steady, awesome work as always Jon :)
Thanks man, that means a lot :)
Quote from: KeyShot on October 06, 2018, 05:32:15 PM
Awesome images. The leather material is looking good.
Thanks!
Quote from: DMerz III on October 06, 2018, 10:41:09 AM
:D whoa that toon render turned out reaaaaally cool
Thanks! I hadn't really tried it much before and thought it'd be a fun scene to try it on

JonWelch

Wanted to share my Tape Dispenser design from the RenderWeekly challenge last week. My goal was to take this ordinary object and give it an elegant feeling. It was a fun little project. Let me know what you all think. Thanks :)

Rex

puyopuyo

This is awesome, I love the radial brushed metal on the knob. Is that just the material or modeled in too?
The lighting and materials looks excellent!

KeyShot

Really nice. Great detail, materials, and lighting!

DriesV

Really great, Jon.
The tape looks very ... tapey. Is that Cloudy Plastic?

Dries

fario

DMerz III

JonWelch

Quote from: puyopuyo on October 15, 2018, 01:07:21 PM
This is awesome, I love the radial brushed metal on the knob. Is that just the material or modeled in too?
The lighting and materials looks excellent!
The radial brush on the knob is modeled, I have to admit I'm a sucker for it, I might use it a bit too much haha

Quote from: DriesV on October 16, 2018, 01:13:51 AM
Really great, Jon.
The tape looks very ... tapey. Is that Cloudy Plastic?

Dries
It sure is. Took me a little while to get it to look just right, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Cloudy Plastic is so versatile, I find myself using it more and more.

Quote from: Rex on October 15, 2018, 10:39:45 AM
Great execution on the tape dispenser!
Quote from: KeyShot on October 15, 2018, 03:14:47 PM
Really nice. Great detail, materials, and lighting!

Quote from: fario on October 16, 2018, 02:29:34 AM
Very nice work, Bravo!

Antoine
Quote from: DMerz III on October 16, 2018, 10:04:55 AM
Great design/renders!

Thanks everyone! :D

JonWelch

Another set of renders from the RenderWeekly challenge this week. This was my design, a slow-drip Scientific Coffee Maker with a burner underneath to keep the coffee warm. My biggest challenge was creating the flames, still not 100% happy, but they've satisfied me for now. As always, let me know what you all think.

Finema

sleby

really great flames! would love to see the material graph.

DMerz III

Jon, really loving the condensation on the inside of the flask, that's a subtle and yet, super-believable touch

Will Gibbons

Fantastic set of images! Yeah, I have a stove I want to add flames to. Haven't decided how I want to approach it yet. Yours look good though!