Dispersion

Started by Johnjoti, June 28, 2010, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnjoti

Hello
I read on the forum Bunkspeed Shot that the dispersion on the Gem stones in the Keyshot looks dirty and I agree it is so
http://bunkspeedshotbeta.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=289
Can you create new diamond material with new parameters in the near future?
Can you make a dispersion the same as in the FR 1.5 ?

FR 1.5 Diamond material

Johnjoti

Can you give me some thoughts on this? kindly let we know
Answer please!

guest84672

Can you please provide an example where the diamond material has not worked for you?

Thomas

Johnjoti

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Diamond looks little gray
At the moment it is impossible to create a beautiful bright colored sparks. It looks as dull as in the HyperShot
Compare your render with RF 1.5. There is diamond looks lively, bright and iridescent

For these reasons I was forced to abandon work with HyperShot in the fullness of time  :-\

Sam

What I would try first

Detailed indirect illumination (i'm gessing this is a screenshot, not the actual render, this can help)
Detailed shadows

Give Global illumination quality a little bump?

but did you compare the actual render in keyshot with the first example you gave?
I tend to notice that these differ in result, to keep the fast updates sometimes it's not nessesary to have the absolute quality. but in a final render you do want it...

maybe this makes sense to start :-)

Johnjoti

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's not the quality settings of shadows, GL quality or Ray bounces and so forth...
It is evident that impossibility in principle of the Diamond material to generate  beautiful color spectrum

guest84672

It all largely depends on the lighting. Change the lighting and see the effect. You can also change the Abbe number to change the dispersion. An increase in raybounces will help to get rid of any black areas that are caused by the reflections

Rather than just looking at photos I also suggest you take an actual diamond and look at it under real world lighting.

As far as I am concerned, your FR example looks incorrect. But I could be wrong.

Thomas

Johnjoti

Thomas
I have diamond 2 carat. it is amazing! it is iridescent
Excuse me but your material is really improper and unbeautiful. It does not help the environment and Abbe number
Please be so kind to create a beautiful material at least as in the FR...

Johnjoti

In addition to examples of diamonds in the photos I brought scientific data on the color characteristics of the diamond

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/diamonds/dispersion.html
http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/diamonds/color.html

Your material does not have the shades of rainbow
No saturated shades of green, aquamarine colour violet and purple
There are many black-gray-blue black-gray-yellow and brown colors. But the blue and brown colors are so small in size that look points. Abbe number does not affect. Why colored plots can not make more extensive?
In general, your diamond mat looks dirty!!!
If the environment to put colorful HDR, then wins the Diamond but losing my material gold it reflects all the colors and looks terrible
if you raise raybountses order to remove the black spots. but then the diamond looks blurry, not clear

I'm not the first. This was recognized by my friends a jewelry designers.
Sorry  :-\

guest84672

Our diamond material is scientifically accurate - but I will let our Chief Scientist explain that to you.

As far as "blur goes" - decrease the pixel filter size in the final render output to 1 - 1.2 then you won't get the softness in the picture.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Johnjoti

Ok, all right! but...
If your material is scientifically based, then why do we not see the color spectrum? Why is your material reflects and refracts the image of the environment as a mirror? If HDR is predominant blue color of your material will also be blue! Where the color spectrum? Where is green, aquamarine, orange .... ?

I do not know why you are so hard to hold one's own and not acknowledge the indubitable facts

ps
I want to help make your program's better than now
and you do not want to listen!!!!!!

Ed

I have attached a Keyshot render with a reference photo in the corner.

I’ll echo what Thomas posted â€" The largest factor in rendering a diamond is the lighting.  Multiple smaller light sources in the HDRI appear to work best.

In my example here I set the ABBE in the diamond material to 20 just to show the increased dispersion â€" but that’s set too far in my opinion.  I normally adjust the ABBE until I just start to see dispersion.  The ideal number seems dependent on the HDRI and the size of the diamond.

The example in the earlier post of the FR 1.5 Diamond material does not look realistic to me â€" and yes I work with small diamonds, but not 2 carat :)

Ed

guest84672

Thanks Ed, very helpful.

Johnjoti

turned out very nice diamond, but it's the best thing we can do keyshot.
You can use any HDR, can use any value Abbe, but will never see any green or aquamarine or orange ...

if you will not give a promise to make materials of good quality I am will forced to abandon work with KeyShot and will demand to return my money   :-\

Thanks understanding for my position