Best Renders I have ever seen!

Started by diamond, August 14, 2013, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamond

Hello everyone,

I need a little bit of assistance. These are not my renders. How do I achieve diamond ring renders like these? These renders are from www.RingRender.com they also have video (Amazing stuff). I haven't seen any jewelry renders like is on the forum. Is this KS or some other software. If there is a way to achieve this in KS can anyone lend a helping hand? Can KeyShot produce diamonds like these? I have tried several times but I just cant get it to work. I posted this before and got few responses, maybe its not possible. Can anyone post a diamond render that can compete with these or that is better?

All of the renders that I have seen on KS have been awesome don't misunderstand me, but I just want to be able to render my jewelry like this.

evilmaul

nice diamond rings renders but CG hand looks  crap to me..whats the point of even putting it in there?!

..I am sure KS can achieve this quality..if not better...as well

diamond

Quote from: evilmaul on August 14, 2013, 11:00:41 AM
nice diamond rings renders but CG hand looks  crap to me..whats the point of even putting it in there?!

..I am sure KS can achieve this quality..if not better...as well

I hope so. Can you give it a try? Is there anyway to get a tutorial or webinar from KeyShot?

By the way your CG images are fantastic, I admire your work.

Ed

diamond

Quote from: Ed on August 14, 2013, 11:30:38 AM
Go to:

http://www.keyshot.com/gallery/

and select category Jewelry for starters.

Ed

Thanks ED,

I been there already, by the way the last diamond ring render, with the 2 diamond rings, in the Jewelry category is my render. No disrespect, I just want some help with my craft.

Ed, do you think the renders in the KS jewelry category look better than the renders in this post?

Ed

Diamond,

It looks like you have a pretty good handle on how to make a diamond ring render :)   ( I have a couple of rings in the Gallery as well).

I'm familiar with the web site you reference below.  IMHO those are very good renders (hand aside as evilmaul noted).

Which looks better?   I'd say it depends on the look you are after.  Personally, I don't like for example the Tiffany style of ring photography (render?) where the ring has low contrast and looks washed out.  But in their case I guess the name alone sells the product.

I would post your render here and ask for feedback on the specific image.  It's hard to say what could use improvement without seeing your render and a reference on what you wish to achieve.

But the short answer is, I see no reason why KS can't duplicate your reference images.  As you know, the HDRI is 90% of the outcome when it comes to jewelry renders.

Ed

Chad Holton

I'd say with the same model(s) and lighting you would get the same results after some tweaking. Do you have a fully detailed diamond ring (preferred with fillets) you could share with the rest of us? I'd like to give it a go.

abedsabeh

Quote from: Chad Holton on August 14, 2013, 12:10:35 PM
I'd say with the same model(s) and lighting you would get the same results after some tweaking. Do you have a fully detailed diamond ring (preferred with fillets) you could share with the rest of us? I'd like to give it a go.

Me too, I would like to give it a try if possible.  :)

Abed

diamond

Quote from: Chad Holton on August 14, 2013, 12:10:35 PM
Here is a Diamond ring that you guys can render.

Can KS make a webinar or tutorial on this topic with pointer that can help us achieve renders like the ones i posted? Can someone pass the message please.

Ed

I'll be back in 24 hours.  It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with :)

Ed

feher

I'm in ! I love a good challenge.
Tim

evilmaul

i am not into this kind of renders but here is my 5 min setup contribution  ;D
interactive render...still noisy..as it needed to run longer but there you go

M

evilmaul

its a lil underexposed compared to the first image you posted...but not too far if you spend a 5 more minutes on it :D

guest84672

guest84672

Here is mine - also in 5 min - with a little warmer lighting, internal culling checked, Abbe # at 55 and 24 ray bounces.