Into the wild ( + Palm trees silhouette)

Started by Hossein Alfideh, November 11, 2016, 06:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: TpwUK on November 12, 2016, 08:29:43 PM
I prefer the early morning sky, adding the flock of birds works too. Dropping the transparency of the water has lost the tranquility of the scene and made it a dark foreboding lake that has an almost oil slick type of appearance. Which is great if that's the effect you're after. Lakes are a difficult subject... Lower camera angles give less transparency but more surface reflections. Higher angles and you get the opposite, so then you need water movement as in waves or flowing water to disrupt the transparency and refraction .... It's really awkward to put into words. But if you stand at a lakes edge and look down towards your feet you will have more transparency to the water than if you look out to the horizon where the reflections and any movement plus angle of refraction etc all disrupt the transparency to almost zero.

It might also pay to have a strong pin light that's set somewhere between 4.1K to 5.5K to give that golden light. Creating environments is not easy with KS so you have given yourself a painful project, but one that's certainly worth it :)

Martin

Thanks again Martin for the great help!really appreciate it!
to be honest I wanted the water to be crystal clear as it is in the first picture,I tried to apply your suggestions again!let me know your Idea again dude  :)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on November 13, 2016, 04:05:08 AM
Hi Hossein.

Very interesting project!
I don't much to add from what has already been said, except that I probably would try to move those birds a bit to the left to avoid centering everything composition-wise.

:)

Thank you Esben,yeah you're right!I moved the birds to the left. I would like to hear you're opinion on the update.  :)

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on November 13, 2016, 07:03:56 AM
Just dropping by to give my +1! Fantastic work, Hossein! Love it.

Thanks a lot magnus for the kind words!
cheers!  :)

Hossein Alfideh

so this is the latest Update  :)

TpwUK

It's getting there ... Are you using Translucency on the sedge reeds ? If so push the subsurface colour to a more yellow/green, you may have to bump up the translucency value to get the yellow glow coming through some more. Also add a hint of yellow to the mist if you can, the low angle of the sun would throw a yellow hint if it was a warm autumn kind of morning, else go to the blue spectrum for cold wintery type of light. Play with it, you should get that gut instinct when it's right.

Martin

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: TpwUK on November 13, 2016, 12:08:51 PM
It's getting there ... Are you using Translucency on the sedge reeds ? If so push the subsurface colour to a more yellow/green, you may have to bump up the translucency value to get the yellow glow coming through some more. Also add a hint of yellow to the mist if you can, the low angle of the sun would throw a yellow hint if it was a warm autumn kind of morning, else go to the blue spectrum for cold wintery type of light. Play with it, you should get that gut instinct when it's right.

Martin

on this one I have increased the translucency up to 2.3 ,changed the subsurface colour into yellow and some changes in the mist

richardfunnell

Wow, I loved discovering this thread, great work :) I think you've nailed the composition, it's got a wonderful feel!

imikej

Fabulous image.  I wonder though if the ripple is too much or too detailed.  Also, I feel like the texture of the distressed wood on the boat could be a bit more.  Very inspiring image!

Will Gibbons

I really like this latest image Hossein. When I saw this on IG recently I only had a quick glance on it and thought it was a photo, so kudos man!

TpwUK

It's looking great Hossein, I think it's going to be pretty much there with some tweaking of brightness and contrast, it's just missing that strong clean light. Might be a post task ...

Martin

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: richardfunnell on November 14, 2016, 12:18:46 PM
Wow, I loved discovering this thread, great work :) I think you've nailed the composition, it's got a wonderful feel!

Thanks a bunch Richard!that's kind of you!  :)

Quote from: imikej on November 14, 2016, 07:18:59 PM
Fabulous image.  I wonder though if the ripple is too much or too detailed.  Also, I feel like the texture of the distressed wood on the boat could be a bit more.  Very inspiring image!

Thanks Mike,yeah I know that actually did that on purpose cuz what I had on mind was the water is steady with no waves so ripple looks a bit detailed.
thanks again  :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 14, 2016, 07:49:18 PM
I really like this latest image Hossein. When I saw this on IG recently I only had a quick glance on it and thought it was a photo, so kudos man!

Thanks man! really appreciate it!
Cheers  :)

Quote from: TpwUK on November 14, 2016, 11:27:38 PM
It's looking great Hossein, I think it's going to be pretty much there with some tweaking of brightness and contrast, it's just missing that strong clean light. Might be a post task ...

Martin

Thank you Martin,I have to say I've learned a lot from you!
I have done some changes and here is my result  :)

Esben Oxholm

Hi Hossein.

I don't much to add from what has already been said, except that I probably would try to move those birds a bit to the left to avoid centering everything composition-wise.

Thank you Esben,yeah you're right!I moved the birds to the left. I would like to hear you're opinion on the update.  :)

Nice. Moving the birds was a good call :)

Have you thought of adding a slight glow coming from the right to enhance the feeling of the sun, and maybe adding some subtle vignetting to help create focus on the boat? (Both in i.e. photoshop)

Arian Shamil

Hossein, the render is getting always better!
I really love it!

TpwUK

Now it's singing Hossein - Well done!!
Play some more and see if you can get a better result, the base is now solid. Just try things like a denser mist, more samples, gamma, longer render time etc etc, these things are just suggestions - That last render you posted is already outstanding and you may have already hit the scenes sweet spot, so it's definitely a keeper :)

QuoteThank you Martin,I have to say I've learned a lot from you!

You're welcome - It's been good, and the results you achieved are really very nice, hats off to you :)

Martin

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on November 15, 2016, 03:42:58 AM
Hi Hossein.

Nice. Moving the birds was a good call :)

Have you thought of adding a slight glow coming from the right to enhance the feeling of the sun, and maybe adding some subtle vignetting to help create focus on the boat? (Both in i.e. photoshop)

yup that was a great point!I tried your Ideas esben, tell me your Idea man!  :)

Quote from: Arian Shamil on November 15, 2016, 04:29:33 AM
Hossein, the render is getting always better!
I really love it!

Thanks a lot Arian!  ;)

Quote from: TpwUK on November 15, 2016, 06:26:50 AM
Now it's singing Hossein - Well done!!
Play some more and see if you can get a better result, the base is now solid. Just try things like a denser mist, more samples, gamma, longer render time etc etc, these things are just suggestions - That last render you posted is already outstanding and you may have already hit the scenes sweet spot, so it's definitely a keeper :)

QuoteThank you Martin,I have to say I've learned a lot from you!

You're welcome - It's been good, and the results you achieved are really very nice, hats off to you :)

Martin

Thank you again Martin, couldn't push this without your help!
I tried the things Esben mention ,some changes in contrast an colours and also added bokeh to kinda get The Last of Us video game feeling!
let me know what you think man. :)

Hossein Alfideh

Hello guys
here is another early morning and another place, a wheat farm.
tell me your Ideas  :)

Finema

Yes Hossein ! i love it  :)
What is modeling ?