Main Menu

Pixar`s Pete Docter

Started by naghi, January 06, 2017, 07:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naghi

hello everyone
this is my new sculpture.made in 2016
my goal was not to do a super likeness sculpture.i just wanted to make a non detailed recognizable statue.
before starting this project i searched the cg websites such as artstation,cgplus,cgsociety to find if there was a same idea or not but amazingly i couldn`t find any fan art about this lovely guy.
for years i liked to sculpt his nice and cool smile and finally i did it.
hope you like it.

NM-92

Really cool. Nice and clean model, and that pin with colours is a great touch IMO.

Esben Oxholm

Wow! Love your style.

Have you thought of doing a version with actual materials (like skin and fabric)?
Would love to see it :)

Otherwise would you consider sharing the model? I'm sure it could keep me occupied for a few hours  8)
Best,

naghi

naghi

naghi

Quote from: NM-92 on January 06, 2017, 07:31:37 AM
Really cool. Nice and clean model, and that pin with colours is a great touch IMO.

thank you so much

naghi

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 06, 2017, 07:35:42 AM
Wow! Love your style.

Have you thought of doing a version with actual materials (like skin and fabric)?

Otherwise would you consider sharing the model? I'm sure it could keep me occupied for a few hours  8)
Best,

thanks.no I didnt think that way,but i have tested keyshot skin material.it was nice.
you want me to share the obj file?that`s a big sized file .how could i share it!
thank you dude.

naghi

i will post zbrush bpr renders too.
hope to see you again

NM-92

Quote from: naghi on January 06, 2017, 07:50:52 AM
Wow! Love your style.

Best,

thanks.no I didnt think that way,but i have tested keyshot skin material.it was nice.
you want me to share the obj file?that`s a big size file .how could i share it!
thank you dude.

wetransfer or mediafire should work. I'd love to play with that model too :P

naghi

Will Gibbons

I don't know who that guy is, but the likeness is certainly there. I'd be totally freaked out if someone modeled my face accurately in 3D! haha. You mentioned you weren't going for 'realistic' textures or anything, but I think this would work well as a bronze sculpture or even better... wax with some nice lighting. Great work!

TpwUK

naghi

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 06, 2017, 08:25:47 AM
I don't know who that guy is, but the likeness is certainly there. I'd be totally freaked out if someone modeled my face accurately in 3D! haha. You mentioned you weren't going for 'realistic' textures or anything, but I think this would work well as a bronze sculpture or even better... wax with some nice lighting. Great work!

my gosh.!He is the gread Pete Docter,working in Pixar.friend of John Lasseter.director of inside out...
i couldn`t get good result with keyshot metal materials,maybe i have to test more.
thank you

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: naghi on January 06, 2017, 07:50:52 AM
Best,
you want me to share the obj file?that`s a big sized file .how could i share it!
thank you dude.
Yeah, if you are up for it.
https://wetransfer.com/ should do if the file is below 2gb?