Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicQwek

Thanks feher.

Here's another piece rendered in KS4. Last design of the series inspired by the space opera genre. I wanted to portray a wise and stoic character. A teacher of sorts... or perhaps a sage herding livestock out in the desert plains.

Skint

Brilliant.  Looks a little more aquatic than land based.

You should start a film series with all these creatures... :)

DominicQwek

Skint, Sounds like a good idea. Now all I need is a script!

DominicQwek

Here's my take on Gillman. The beauty shot was touched up in Photoshop. The profile shots are 99% keyshot with an adjustmnet layer added in Photoshop. Thanks to KS 4.1 , I can use color calibration profiles for my IPS monitor now!

guest84672

Very nice. We have a plugin for ZBrush now in BETA that allows you to take you models from ZBrush directly into KeyShot. Let me know if you are interested.

DominicQwek

Thomas, of course I am! I'm curious to see how it works.

evilmaul

hey Thomas and you say it like this? :P come on.....

does the plug in let you to export regular subd meshes or also HD sculpt meshes? (need this in particular)

ah forgot cool model Dom :P he looks scared :)

guest84672

Marco - honestly I don't know. Want to try it?

edwardo

hello, is this a windows only plugin?

KeyShot

It is also available for Mac OS.

evilmaul

guest84672

DominicQwek

Quote from: evilmaul on July 08, 2013, 07:54:03 PM
hey Thomas and you say it like this? :P come on.....

does the plug in let you to export regular subd meshes or also HD sculpt meshes? (need this in particular)

ah forgot cool model Dom :P he looks scared :)

Thanks Marco. I tweaked his expression some more for the 3d print. Hopefully he'll look less scared :)

The plugin does not export meshes with subd levels at the moment, you'd have to collapse your levels. And as for HD sculpt meshes, I don't think it does that either, afaik.

evilmaul

yes I does not do that and also for whtever reason at home I get a msg saying that the model doesnt have UVs and/or textures and it wont push it to KS. Didnt run into this at work tho.
Is the plugin for a particular zbrush 4 revision?

DominicQwek