Voronoi Fracture Animations and Stills

Started by Despot, September 12, 2016, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Been playing with Voronoi Fracture, the killer new feature of Cinema 4D R18... obviously rendered with KeyShot.

In KeyShot I used roughness and bump mapping on materials, ambient occlusion and motion blur

This is what I've done so far, much more to come. I've placed this in 'Amazing Shots' as I'm also uploading hi-res stills

Thanks for taking a look

Jon

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/182389639[/vimeo]

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/182388360[/vimeo]

Despot

Here are a couple of hi-res stills... :)

Josh3D

These are great! That KeyShot ball one is trippy. The motion blur is perfect.

DMerz III

Wonderful, love the texturing as well. Is that bump/normal maps in Keyshot, or displacement maps from C4D?

Also, question for anyone, is there a video tutorial available for incorporating geometry like this from C4D and rendering in Ks6. I know there's a workflow incorporating scripts, but looking for a play-by-play tutorial to show me the way. (I'm a visual learner).

Despot

QuoteThese are great! That KeyShot ball one is trippy. The motion blur is perfect.

Cheers Josh :)

QuoteWonderful, love the texturing as well. Is that bump/normal maps in Keyshot, or displacement maps from C4D?

Thanks man... it's all roughness and bump maps, no disp.

These animations were not exported as .fbx or alembic. Simply used 'Save project as Melange' from C4D and then opened in KS

Despot

Despot

Here's another one, this time using the 'Inside Faces' feature which allows a different material for the 'shell' and the inner geometry...

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/182512958[/vimeo]

NM-92

Saw the first ones in Artstation. Really fun to watch. I liked it a lot.

Finema

Really Nice John ! ;) I like it .
The rocks is using Voronoi Fracture also ? or Plugin Transform in C4D ?

Despot

QuoteSaw the first ones in Artstation. Really fun to watch. I liked it a lot.

Saw that Nico, thanks for the like :)

QuoteThe rocks is using Voronoi Fracture also ? or Plugin Transform in C4D ?

Cheers Philippe :) using Voronoi Fracture only, not GSG Transform. I think I also used the Delay Effector and the Vibrate Expression tag on the KS Ball anim

Will Gibbons

Ehh... it's pretty good.

I can't keep a straight face while typing that even, haha. These are awesome! I personally like the first one... the gold sculpture of the face. Using occlusion is smart there and seems to bring definition to each individual shard. Assuming you used it to emphasize the shadows in the cracks as it crumbled?

LM6

I've never tried the Melange route into Keyshot, going to try today, does the whole animation import to the Keyshot timeline?  I am guessing no deforms though?

Cheers

Peter

Despot

QuoteI've never tried the Melange route into Keyshot, going to try today, does the whole animation import to the Keyshot timeline?  I am guessing no deforms though?

You're right on both counts... when using 'Save project for Melange', all procedural motion, MoGraph etc is converted to keyframes, deforms though are ignored...

The only thing I've found that  doesn't work correctly using this export route is the Vibrate Expression. It wouldn't translate over correctly to KS, so I used NitroBake for that particular sequence.

Cheers

Jon

LM6

Thanks for the reply, so  if no deforms why not use fbx, is there a difference?

Cheers

Peter

Quote from: Despot on September 16, 2016, 01:41:28 AM
QuoteI've never tried the Melange route into Keyshot, going to try today, does the whole animation import to the Keyshot timeline?  I am guessing no deforms though?

You're right on both counts... when using 'Save project for Melange', all procedural motion, MoGraph etc is converted to keyframes, deforms though are ignored...

The only thing I've found that  doesn't work correctly using this export route is the Vibrate Expression. It wouldn't translate over correctly to KS, so I used NitroBake for that particular sequence.

Cheers

Jon